Props Blueprints Halo 3 Spnkr Rocket Launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
LeeKegan said:
Can't wait my friend! The drawings look great!

Thanks! I know you'll do them proud with your build-up. You certainly did the last time around (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
So... a bit of an update. Sort of

Still working on the ventral view of the SPNKr, second draft (thinking it may have to go to a third, now). Been having some difficulty figuring out how some of the details are supposed to go on the underside, like the two small "canisters" on the side beneath the launch assembly housing.

It's one thing to draw those on a side profile view, but it's something else altogether trying to get just the right placement on the bottom view. Plus, there are a few other details that have proven to be somewhat difficult. I did make a little progress with it over lunch, however. Still "tweaking" some things.

Have a theatre production to go help with after work -- it's going to be like that all week; working 9-5, then production ending anywhere between 9-11PM, up until Sunday -- so I honestly don't know how much work I'll be able to get done on these this week. Hell, I'll have a hard enough time trying to get some time in with the gf this weekend. Ugh.

I will try to get as much time in on these as I can. Fingers crossed.

That's all for now, folks... :whistle:

What Lee said mate, don't over do it. New relationship first, us second... until Lee finishes the sniper fully that is! :p

LeeKegan said:
You are doing great SPARTAN II. Don't kill yourself. I still have to finish up the scope.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear you think so, my friend :cool:

juliet76 said:
What Lee said mate, don't over do it. New relationship first, us second... until Lee finishes the sniper fully that is! :p

Well duh, lol. That's why I want to get these done (but done right, of course) in time for his transition from the SR project to this one.

Don't want to leave the man hangin', after all.

Granted, I don't know if he'll really have the time to get started on the SPNKr before his trip early next month, but still... I'd like to have these ready to go and in his hands before then.

I actually did manage to hammer out the remaining details on the ventral schematic before I went to the production, so should be able to get started on the third (and final) draft for that one at lunch tomorrow.

So, I'm content with having been able to make some progress on these today. It's not as much as I would normally do, but at least it's something.

And don't worry, I'll try not to overdo it, fellas ;)

Uh oh, lol

If I can get the final draft for the ventral view done over lunch, I should be able to quickly put the front and rear views together, then.

They're the least detailed (and smallest) ones I have to do, so I ought to be able to make quick work of them.

But see, this is what I was trying to avoid. I'd spent about a month or so working on the SR schematics before I was able to get them to Lee, and was kinda hoping to be able to beat that time frame with these.

Of course, I didn't realize or take into account just how much more detailed the SPNKr would be, lol. The SR was far simpler by comparison.

If you thought the SR was complicated, you're in for a real shock with this one, my friend! So many more recessed details and surfaces to work with. You're gonna have your work cut out for ya :p

SPARTAN II said:
Uh oh, lol

If I can get the final draft for the ventral view done over lunch, I should be able to quickly put the front and rear views together, then.

They're the least detailed (and smallest) ones I have to do, so I ought to be able to make quick work of them.

But see, this is what I was trying to avoid. I'd spent about a month or so working on the SR schematics before I was able to get them to Lee, and was kinda hoping to be able to beat that time frame with these.

Of course, I didn't realize or take into account just how much more detailed the SPNKr would be, lol. The SR was far simpler by comparison.

If you thought the SR was complicated, you're in for a real shock with this one, my friend! So many more recessed details and surfaces to work with. You're gonna have your work cut out for ya :p

Good I love a Challenge. (y)

LMAO! :lol: It will definately be that, buddy :lol:

EDIT: Okay, so... during lunch, I actually ended up jumping ahead to the first rough draft for the front view of the SPNKr. Didn't complete the finalized draft for the ventral view. Guess I got a little ahead of myself there, lol. I'll go back to the ventral view and make it look all purdy n' stuff. Will post pics as soon as I can.

EDIT # 2: I lied, lol. Ended up starting on the second draft for the front view -- had to shift the position of the launch tubes to line up with the side profile -- after my scheduled work day was done. Don't have time right now (have to head off to production), but I will be going back to polish up the ventral view when I can.

Alright. So, obviously I don't have any new updates. With the afore-mentioned after-work committments I have this week, going on into the weekend, I simply haven't had time to do anything more.

Buuut, I'll have a few hours to myself early Saturday before I have to head down for the show (need to be there for 6:00PM), so I'm thinking I'll be able to put some time in on the remaining schematics then.

Loess said:
T-shirt launcher! Great for parade duty. :D

Edit*
Here's a quick schematic of the reservoir and valve setup.
rl-schematic.jpg
me and my buddy built one. worked wonders till the manual valve died. and we cant get the auto one to work for anything. although we need a valve that does bout 80-90 gallon a min instead of 40 assuming water exits the same speed air...(which it shouldnt) but it the only reason we can think of.

As for Spartan II very nice!!! cant wait to see what people build with these plans

Well, if you haven't already seen this, check out Loess' PTDU WiP thread. He's coming up with some really great ideas for the valve mechanism. Might give you a few ideas you and your buddy could work with :)

And thanks, JF! I'm really anxious to see what Lee can do with these :D heh

YAY! I'm finally done with that theatre production (wrapped up yesterday), so I should now have more than enough spare time to myself after work hours to finish up with the SPNKr schematics.

As I'd mentioned recently, I've just got to do the polished third draft for the bottom view, am already onto the second draft for the front view, and need to get started on the back view. Then everything will be good to go.

So, I'm fairly certain it'll be sometime this week that I'll be able to send them your way, Lee ;)

EDIT: Didn't get anything more done on the schematics today. Got a text from a buddy of mine who invited me to a barbeque (first barbeque of the season! WOOT!) right after work, so I didn't get home until 10:30PM.

It's funny, really... all of a sudden, whether it's participating in a theatre production, spending time with the gf or trying to schedule all of my friends in throughout the week, my social calendar just seems to be filling up so quickly lately -- even right at the beginning of the week -- I have less and less time to myself.

Always doing something. Guess I'm a popular guy, lol.

Okay... okay, okay.

Though no new progress to report at this particular juncture (wasn't home Monday night due to that BBQ, and last night I ended up talking to the gf on the phone until 3:30 this morning, lol) buuut rest assured I will be getting down to work on the polished third draft for the bottom view of the SPNKr when I get home this afternoon.

As previously mentioned, I've already gone ahead and started working out the layout for the front view, so once done with the bottom view (which should be sometime tonight), I'll hit on the second draft for that one again. Just wanted to let everyone know I hadn't forgotten about this. Neglected for the last week, yes, but not forgotten :p lol

EDIT: I should have some additional WiP pics to post later tonight, so stayed tuned, folks!

E-GAD! Exactly a week after my last post here, saying I'd be polishing up the ventral view that day after work, only now do I finally have a real, live update to post. Oops :whistle:

I pray the HALO prop gods won't smite me with lightning (or maybe plasma grenades?) for my tardiness with this as of late. It's funny... it's always when there's something you really want to get done, other things come up and you don't have the time to :p

Anyway, here's the final draft for the bottom view of the SPNKr:

SPNKr Schematic

Now on to the final draft for the front view (already gone through two), and then the rear. Since each of those are only two pages in size, it should take next to no time at all for me to do them. It's sooo close to being finished, I can almost taste it. It's mighty tasty, too. I licked the paper :lol: J/k

P.S.: Looks like I overshot the intended deadline on having these mailed out to you before you got back from your trip. Sorry 'bout that, buddy. If all goes well, I'll have these all done by the end of this work week.

A thousand humble apologies for the lack of updates on this, fellas :unsure:

Things have just been so crazy busy for me lately. Had a great, fully-booked, fun-filled weekend (going to have to post an update on that elsewhere, lol) but things have also been rather hectic at work since our Home Office completed a system conversion over the long weekend (switched to new software, so it's taking a little while to get used to it).

As a result, I've been having to put in some longer hours at work. Didn't get home until about 8:30 last night. Ugh.

I did manage to finish the front view within the last week. After realizing I had the shoulder brace/grip portion of the assembly in the wrong position, I had to redo the entire schematic. But, that's now done. I just have to draft the rear view, and it'll finally be good to go, once I pick up another ink cartridge for my printer

Need to make another copy for Lee, but there's no way I'm going to draw out a full second set of these. It's taken me long enough to do the first set, lol.

Haven't had time to even take a pic of what else I've managed to do, but I will try to post one or two shortly.

Again, my sincerest apologies :sleep:

SPARTAN II said:
A thousand humble apologies for the lack of updates on this, fellas :unsure:
...Haven't had time to even take a pic of what else I've managed to do, but I will try to post one or two shortly.

Again, my sincerest apologies :sleep:

I don't look in here for ages and when I do what do I find? Nothing! Less making out and more drawing! :p :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back