Bondo Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajien2

Hey guys I am back well i got the who thing fiber glassed and i stated bondoing I have gone through a hole can of bondo. I have been to the mud stick but i still dont under stand how mud works I know it is 1 part bondo 1 part resin but what hardener do you use the bondo or the resin. How do you applie it, If i could get some help with this i would be very happy thank you for all your help. Here is some work pics

CIMG0410.jpg

CIMG0411.jpg

CIMG0412.jpg

CIMG0413.jpg

I use a 2:1 bondo/resin ratio. A 1:1 is too thin and I simply use the resin hardener but I don't double its amount, as suggested in the mud tutorial.. Using the bondo hardener is a crapshoot for me so I don't use it at all. The mud is also thin enough to be put on with a brush, which is the reason I like using this instead of bondo by itself.

Ral Partha said:
I use a 2:1 bondo/resin ratio. A 1:1 is too thin and I simply use the resin hardener but I don't double its amount, as suggested in the mud tutorial.. Using the bondo hardener is a crapshoot for me so I don't use it at all. The mud is also thin enough to be put on with a brush, which is the reason I like using this instead of bondo by itself.
oooo i like the sound of putting it on the brush. But my 4 year old sister is getting upset because she has not more paint brushed to paint with :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Search 'Muddy Secrets" or look at the stickies!

Remember, you can use other materials for smoothing. Glaze and spot putty will make your work much easier!

BondoSpotPutty.jpg

Sean Bradley said:
Search 'Muddy Secrets" or look at the stickies!

Remember, you can use other materials for smoothing. Glaze and spot putty will make your work much easier!

BondoSpotPutty.jpg
mmm Well last time i used glazeing putty it was not all the great. I had some pin hole dents in my truck and i could not get that putty to harden up i waited days so what did i do wrong. Thank you for your help. :lol:

rajein2 said:
mmm Well last time i used glazeing putty it was not all the great. I had some pin hole dents in my truck and i could not get that putty to harden up i waited days so what did i do wrong. Thank you for your help. :lol:

If the tube was sitting for a long time you should mix it up by squeezing it around with the cap on.

Otherwise, small amounts are good, filling it into large voids won't let it dry properly. Paste it on 1/4 inch at a time, or use a proper large void filler like Bondo. It's perfect for pinholes in resin casts. I wonder if humidity was an issue..
Hmm.

Sean Bradley said:
If the tube was sitting for a long time you should mix it up by squeezing it around with the cap on.

Otherwise, small amounts are good, filling it into large voids won't let it dry properly. Paste it on 1/4 inch at a time, or use a proper large void filler like Bondo. It's perfect for pinholes in resin casts. I wonder if humidity was an issue..
Hmm.
o ok i see it is for like those air bubbles you get in the bondo thank you for the help :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back