Bondo Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmiller

Jr Member
This is the last thing I am confused about, Do you put the bondo over the ENTIRE piece or just the parts of it you want rounded/detailed? If so, then do you just paint the Resin?

ok, so i'm not even close to that stage yet, but from what i understand from reading the threads on here, you only use bondo on the spots you want to fix up or detail.

once that is done, you can sand everything down smooth, and paint over it all with a primer, then you can go to town with the chosen colour for your armour

Yes, you bondo small sections at a time. Then you sand it roughly, and fill it up even more if you have cracks and holes from the first layer. But remember to layer it thin!

Yes parts of the helmet are smooth on master chief. So you want to have the helmet resined then primered with paint. Once it is primered apply the bondo to the areas you want smooth. Make sure you apply it in a thin layer because it is hard to sand down by hand. And if you take too much off just apply another thin coat then sand. After you bondo it primer it check if everything is smotth then paint. Hope I can help.

The higher the def is, the less bondo you will have to use.

Use bondo on the areas you want smooth, but usually thats kind of the whole helmet (kind of!!!)

on some parts there are like teeny tiny cracks, valleys and holes you dont see unless primered, you just put on a little dollop of bondo to make it look cleaner.

My first resin helmet needs bondo on most of the surface (even though it is Flying Squirls model!!)

My resin was just so unclean, my pep wasnt very good and thats why I had to use a lot of bondo, more than healthy, hours of sanding.

Anyway, good luck with yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back