Brute Chieftain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I can has excitement! =O

If you mold the helmet piece, I'ma buy one.

'Cause Cheiftains = Pwnz0rz.

BTW, are you making a Gravity Hammer with it? I can make a quick Wood Handle and butt for it and ship it to you, if you want. I have teh time for it.

And teh wood.

If you got the time we can speed things up a bunch. If you don't mind though hold off on sending it to next month. You won't believe the mass amount of stuff I'm paying off and having shipped in 0.0 It will get lost in the boxes lol.

Belakor said:
Isn't that the Fist of Rukt rather than the actual grav hammer?
Anyways... I found a model of the H3 grav hammer but it's way too high poly for pep, I can post a link if it's of some use.

I'd like the high poly version very much please. I can work some magic on it :)

Belakor said:
This is the one I found yesterday:
Link 1
But I just found these two, the last one looks like it might be a bit easier in pep:
Link 2
Link 3

These look great as well. If you can get that H3 model to me and I'll do what I can with it :)

Cheers,
Kensai

PS: Thanks for the other people who have showed up and showed interest in this project. We work better as a community, this is the way all projects should go :). Oh to answer some of your PM's if Sean is free I may have as much of this as I can get cast but.. obviously you are going to have to do some work with the hair and face prosthetics ^^.

Last edited by a moderator:
kensai111 said:
... These look great as well. If you can get that H3 model to me and I'll do what I can with it :)...

the H3 one I found was the first link in my last post :) It's not that actual game rip or anything (at least I don't think it is but you never know with that google 3d warehouse)
I cut it up and opened it in pep but it was way too scary for me to bother with :p (didn't save the edited version though)

kensai111 said:
I can get cast but.. obviously you are going to have to do some work with the hair and face prosthetics ^^.
I wouldnt think so i have the model for the brute head and you could make it in pep then model it in a rubber then apply fake hair

Spartan 051 said:
I wouldnt think so i have the model for the brute head and you could make it in pep then model it in a rubber then apply fake hair

Hit me up with it, I have access to do such a thing.

Cheers,
Kensai

I have a grav hammer I made that's almost completely accurate to the Halo 3 version. Lol, I might as well join your quest. :p I'll get renders of it later.

Nugget said:
I have a grav hammer I made that's almost completely accurate to the Halo 3 version. Lol, I might as well join your quest. :p I'll get renders of it later.

Please do share sir :). Thanks Spartan 051.

Cheers,
Kensai

GravHammer.jpg

Nugget said:

OoO... pretty. Any chance you're going to be putting this out for the community Nugget? I loved your previous work *looks at Spartan Laser on table* ^^

Cheers,
Kensai

Man.. you all got suckered.. everyone's looking at what the guy is PAINTING.. rather than the grunt mask he's got on his face!

kensai111 said:

Ok, ok.. sorry.. had to do that.

Are you going the same route as WETA in terms of having the wearer's face exposed in the neck?

Deadguy said:
Man.. you all got suckered.. everyone's looking at what the guy is PAINTING.. rather than the grunt mask he's got on his face!
Ok, ok.. sorry.. had to do that.

Are you going the same route as WETA in terms of having the wearer's face exposed in the neck?

lol fair enough Mike I'll give it to you ;) That would be a big negative on the face exposed. I've taken many prosthetics classes in my studies and I think I'm going to go with a latex or thin silicon mold for the face. Obviously it will require some application and touch ups before each wear but I think the overall look will outweigh the additional work needed to get it to look right.

Nugget said:
I'll be releasing the grav hammer to the public. I just need to make the handle smoother and fix some open edges.

Can't wait Nugget, will this be full scale or are you going to shrink it down? If you are releasing it full scale you are probably going to have to split it into 2 or three pieces, the head of the hammer (no laughing), the shaft (I said stop it!) and the tail (ok.. thats it.. all of you get in the corner).

Anyhow when you release the pep I'll add some detail to the model and have it sent off to be cast by Sean. I haven't had much time to work on this as of late due to the fact I'm trying to finish up my armor for AdventureCon and DragonCon.. but a small update is I finished the half-scales (in-game models) and I like how they turned out. Let me ask you all a question though, For the full scale ones I build should I go with the ingame model or the WETA ones. The handle on the WETA is nice but it's so different from the ingame model it barely even looks like a spike grenade its more of a barbarian club. Any suggestions?
Cheers,
Kensai

http://www.deadguy.net/album/Brute-Chieftain-Red.zip

Maybe this'll help?
Brute Cheiftain Red Zip file.. 81 large scale pics inside.. (like 25MB)

As far as the Spike Grenades go.. I'd love to see some that were less WETA, and more in-game. Leather wrapped handles, proper spikes.. lights even.

I haven't checked yet, but I suspect the Campaign ones are more detailed than the Multiplayer ones. It's that way on most of the other weapons.

UPDATE: As most of you know, when I go quiet it usually means I get seriously busy. Well I promised you all this is really going to happen, while very very slow.. it will happen. The newest progress pics of the Brute creature itself is on page 1 first post. So how's it looking all? Everything you thought it would be? Sean is finding some better FX hair for me... I'm not too pleased with what I'm using but it works for the time being. Keep in mind ingame the chieftain looks very much gorillaish from what it exposed under the helm. So thats what I started with as my base.

Cheers,
Kensai

kensai111 said:
UPDATE: As most of you know, when I go quiet it usually means I get seriously busy. Well I promised you all this is really going to happen, while very very slow.. it will happen. The newest progress pics of the Brute creature itself is on page 1 first post. So how's it looking all? Everything you thought it would be? Sean is finding some better FX hair for me... I'm not too pleased with what I'm using but it works for the time being. Keep in mind ingame the chieftain looks very much gorillaish from what it exposed under the helm. So thats what I started with as my base.

Cheers,
Kensai

Looks a bit too gorilla-ish. A brutes' head is a bit more narrow and his mouth pokes out more. There's really not a lot of hair on a brute, and I don't think they have hands for feet. ;)

This project is sick! I love Brute Chieftains! They're my fave enemies. BTW, kensai, is there any way that you could make a tutorial or something for this? It's SOOOO Awesome!

Chieftains= UBER PWNAGE

Also, is there any way I can help? I'd love to be a part of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back