Building A Wii Laptop..

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is an incredibly clever design. It must have taken a heck of a long time to build.

Last edited by a moderator:
i just skimmed through it and still going through it, but my freinds planning on building one with a old ps1 mini screen so...it can be done quite easily lol

piehobo28 said:
I wonder if I could make one with my xbox...
brb
jk. I wouldn't risk it. :p

LOL... there are 2 actually.. (both made by the same guy)
He also has a tutorial, i bet this wii guy stole his idea..

xbox-360-laptop-mk2-top.jpg

x360_laptop_main.jpg

-Fin(n)ish

I was about to post about that laptop.. I figured it would get posted right away :D
I couldn't do that with a 360.. Well, not yet! ;)

CPU64 said:
I was about to post about that laptop.. I figured it would get posted right away :D
I couldn't do that with a 360.. Well, not yet! ;)

now I bet if I challenged you to turn a 360 into a desktop PC, you could. ;)

The real genius of it is how compressed he made everything.

i just looked up the 360...yes i do agree that the 360 is genious *spelling?* but..both are..and works of art...

imagine the wii in a Spartan outfit lol displays on your HUD and the wii consol is in your backpack and the controller is connected to your gloves lol...is he doing the MACARANA!? talk about real life Metroid lol

Zaso117 said:
now I bet if I challenged you to turn a 360 into a desktop PC, you could. ;)

The real genius of it is how compressed he made everything.

Well, technically I can make a 360 laptop. It would take more work of course because unlike that guy, I don't have any access to CNC. But making it fit wouldn't be any problem for me.

I said I couldn't do it to a 360 because I really can't bring myself to gut a $300 item for a mod like that. I have a type of OCD, that no only do I have an obsession for fixing everything the way they should originally be, I can't just start cutting something that is to me so spiffy and expensive, like a new gen console..
If I had 3-4 360s, sure, I'd do it right now.

But if it counts, I did migrate a regular xbox into a Silicon Graphics O2. I usually use it when I want to take Steel Battalion with me somewhere. Sure the controller alone is impressive, but when the xbox game is "running" off a Silicon Graphics machine, its mostly EPIC ;)
I modded the front control panel PCB and reused the same buttons for the xbox. The power button turns it on/off, and the volume up/down open and close the dvd drive.

AoBfrost said:
The laptop he made has built in water cooling too, I'm sure this all voids the warranty too.

I'm sure if he could do this he has his own warranty plan :p

haha, neat, though I find the wii most fun when your playing with friends and that sort of limits it, but cool nonetheless.. would make traveling more fun at any rate!

Wii laptop was made by ben also, He's crazy and does anything to anything.

He used to have a series run of N64's and ps2's he'd make portable, those werent laptops, but they were nice. Each console though cost like 400-500 dollars, sometimes they dont even include the console itself if he runs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back