Bungie 20th Anniversary ViDoc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitfire22V

Hi everyone!

I've been pretty inactive on the forums lately as I've been overseas on vacation since mid-June. The internet is more of a commodity here than back home, so I'm not online practically at all. However, I still managed to catch Bungie's 20th Anniversary ViDoc! It's a whopping 55 minutes long!

Catch it here: Bungie's 20th Anniversary ViDoc

I thoroughly enjoyed it, as well as what appears to be the tiniest of sneak peeks of their latest projects at the end. I'm also intrigued and excited about what looks to be new actors performing using the same face recording technology used in James Cameron's Avatar! :cool

Enjoy!

Looking forward to being more active on the forums again when I get back home on Monday. :)

Ya I just saw the VidDoc and it was realy intresting to see where they have come from and just to hear about all the trials they had to go through and just to get a hit at what they are working on.

Best developer and one of the best game series of the 21st century. Its hard to see them go but I'm hopeful for the future of this new game.

The end of that video was largely built with talk of grand scale, bigger than halo, incredibly ambitious, building a universe that would become more the fans, Other worlds we want to create, build a universe where any crazy s@%# can happen, and a bunch of shots of terrain editors and HD terrains and sky boxes. That has me exited for possibility of extreme map editing :) But the terrain editors we see could also be forms of game building editor systems for developers, but with the state of design required in building maps and scene i don't think many current terrain editors are worth using for major developers unless Bungie created their own system to their own standards and requirements... less likely than bungie having put flood into Halo Reach though.

Yes, that stuff at the end looked extremely cool. I loved the "point-and-click" mountains, and the HD terrain looked spectacular. I'm not exagerating when I say that I thought that was real-world video being shown, and had to rewind to see that it was indeed computer generated.

I really can't wait to see what they have in store for us!

Like he said - There hasnt been a release that has been a game changer since Halo CE and that this new game will be a game changer. I am seriously thinking a console MMO . Its somthing that has NEVER been done , and Destiny has been rumored to be a FPS MMO . We will see soon.

The documentary was great! Really looking forward to their new game, sounds like it's going to be revolutionary.

hey, does anybody know any details about the room shown at around 52 minutes in? had display cabinets and the seventh column fist. anyone know if theres images and/or a catalogue of the stuff in that room?

hey, does anybody know any details about the room shown at around 52 minutes in? had display cabinets and the seventh column fist. anyone know if theres images and/or a catalogue of the stuff in that room?

I'm fairly sure it's their Trophy Room, where they display the awards they've won over the years. And if I'm not mistaken, the 7th Column fist is the Pentathalon trophy? But good question, it would be interesting to have a documented list of whats in there. Maybe try a Google search for Bungie awards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back