Bungie And Odst Coming To Your Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
JackSkelling10 said:
So they dont give you any thing extra really for being in costume?

Doesn't seem so.

Also no Bungie love for the south east. D:

Figures, Georgia doesn't get Bungie Truck OR 9 in theaters! ):

Last edited by a moderator:
I went today with Adulese and they took our picture and said we might be in the weekly update. Warning: if so, the helmet i wore is my crap helmet. It was supposed to rain and I didnt want to take a chance of ruining my good one

Yep it was quite fun. Jack here kicked everyone's ass in Firefight with 5 seconds left by using a hammer to kill a high level brute in a wraith. That was like 10000 points.

So my suggestion for those that haven't gone, get there early (they capped off the line around 1pm), use the pistol for head shots (just Grunts and Jackals). When dealing with Brutes, dose them with a round of the SMG (which is scoped) and a 'nade before head shotting them with a pistol. Drones are just time alone with the SMG. Also, don't rip off the damn turret or overuse the spartan laser for anything less than a Brute Chieftain. It gets annoying. Also, ammo is hard to come by, so be aware of that. Finally, you cannot jack vehicles, you can only jump on them, hit 'em and drop a 'nade in. That's my pro tips, so see you all when I get some pics up.

- Adulese

Stopped by after work here at the Philadelphia location. Surprise, surprise, there was a well known armor man there showing off his ODST duds ( I saw them a few weeks before at Dragon Con). Game was fun. I was later in the day, one of the last groups to play. Everyone got a mini ODST helmet replica (like 2 inches tall) and the top score on each team got the 'other car is a warthog' license plate bracket. I asked if they were still available in the bungie store and the guy said no, but he was nice enough to slip me one on my way out the door :)

IMG_1967.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

Yep, I suited up in the rain yesterday at the Fairless Hills Town Center shopping plaza to get some photos with The Mobile Firefight Simulation Facility. EPIC!!!

Here's the full gallery at my Photobucket account: Firefight Truck Event

Here's some selections:

DSC04309.jpg

DSC04321.jpg

DSC04324.jpg

DSC04372.jpg

DSC04374.jpg

DSC04335.jpg

DSC04338.jpg

DSC04358.jpg

DSC04363.jpg

DSC04366.jpg

DSC04368.jpg

DSC04383.jpg

DSC04385.jpg

DSC04388.jpg

DSC04390.jpg

DSC04392.jpg

DSC04395.jpg

DSC04403.jpg

DSC04407.jpg

DSC04410.jpg

DSC04413.jpg

DSC04415.jpg

DSC04421.jpg

DSC04427.jpg

DSC04434.jpg

Clearly the rain didn't stop us from having a good time! The guys that managed the truck were very cool and appreciative, and said that they've seen quite a few costumes at their events (go 405th!) They only have a few more stops before they get to return back to their families in Nashville. Huge thanks to them and all the people at Microsoft and Gamestop involved with the Firefight truck tour. I also wanted to thank Mike Fegley, my General Manager and good friend at Laserdome for taking the day off to come play Firefight and run around in a rainy parking lot for 6 hours with me.

And of course thanks to my loving wife Jen for taking another day off work to come play my assistant at yet another appearance. :D Thank you sweetie!

I can't tell you how cool it is to jump into a van and drive 2 hours to a shopping plaza you've never been to only to bump into a 405th member that has pictures of you on their camera from Dragoncon! Very cool meeting you Lonewolf! We'll have to talk some more about undersuits and gloves after the ODST launch madness dies down a little.

Speaking of which, I'm off to go pick up 16 copies of Halo 3: ODST as soon as I send off a note to HBO. I promise I won't give you guys any spoilers other than to say this:
OMFG FIREFIGHT ROCKS!!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Have fun guys,

-Sean

DSC04346.jpg

Hey Sean, how perfect was it having the rain to add to the ODST atmosphere? :D Thanks for showing us the pics, glad to see you had a good time.

OMG 4 more days left!!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

Here are pictures from the Chicago Event. Me and my former roommate and long time HALO compatriot Tim met up for the big event. We were in the 3rd wave of people to play. I won the highest score in our group of four with Tim right behind me. We both got over 9000 playing Heroic difficulty on Security Site.

Awesome event and turnout and I hope BUNGIE does this again.

DSCN0012.jpg

DSCN0025.jpg

DSCN0034.jpg

DSCN0038.jpg

DSCN0040.jpg

DSCN0042.jpg

DSCN0043.jpg

DSCN0046.jpg

DSCN0050.jpg

DSCN0051.jpg

DSCN0052.jpg

Berry

So I just went to Bungie.net and one of the most recent posts actually linked back to this thread, boy am I late...but still...Woot! for the 405th!....but I do wish they came near where I live though. Also, if you havent checked it out, go to bungie.net and check out the info for the release party they are having for ODST. I live nowhere near there so I wouldnt be able to go, but someone might or someone may be willing to take a quick vacation lol...i know i would if i could lol

EDIT: Not sure if it has been mentioned anywhere else yet so dont be to hard on me if it has...lol

Woot!

Sorry for the bandwidth problems earlier.. that should all be taken care of.

Hello to all the new guests!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back