Props Buzz Bee Toys - Ar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caboos318

So, I have made 4, i going to be taking 1 apart and repainting with battle and weather effects. All the lights and sounds still work too :] so, anyway, here is 2 of them. What you think?

halopix023.jpg

halopix021.jpg

halopix022.jpg

The Pink one is my wifes and the other 3 all look the same but this gray one is the only one with the carvings on it. i will be adding the double moons to my wifes and the hement thing to one of the other ones.

Where did you get those? I have heard of them but haven't heard how to come across them. They look awesome and would love to see one with weathered effect on it.

party pooper said:
I gott mine at TOYS R US or just go on line and search true heroes plasma blaster

Well I feel a little foolish. I thought that it was actually advertise as an AR and came painted like that. Thank you for setting me straight though.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife picked one up for my son, and he said "Dad, you gotta paint this for me!!!" I also changed out the barrel due to it being to large for an AR. Sorry for the grainy cell pics. I just have to finish sanding down the matte silver and it'll be done. I inluded a reference pic to an M4 so you would see to scale its small, but perfect for my 11 yr old son.

Nice paint on those!

I just picked up two myself at K-mart last weekend.

A note for anyone who's thinking about getting one; they've been moved to the clearance aisle in my local 'mart, it might not be long before you have to go to garage sales and ebay for them.

They are also available on Amazon.com, however, with shipping they end up being about $35. I'm considering seeing if it's possible to take just the good parts from this and build it into a full-size AR. I can't find these in stores near me though. Dang.

these things are great, i ripped one apart and jammed my sp-1 into it. worked for a couple months till i snapped it

Looks like Amazon has them in stock again, they didn't have them for a while.

I modified one...

Barrel Changed

Static Display for Ammo Counter Added

Mount for Mini Maglite added

ar_side.jpg

ar_counter.jpg

Lights on side don't light up, but it still makes sound.

The Mini Maglite is removable and there is a switch on the side to activate the counter. The counter doesn't change, it just stays at 32.

@corby: lol, duel wielding, i will put a pic up later i have a few of these.

@RegularGuy: i like that :] where did you get the counter, if you dont mind my asking.

@kokujo17: $8 for me :]

I am also interested in what kind of counter you used there. That is one of the best paint schemes I have seen on these so far Regular Guy.

@sporgo and caboos318: Thanks for the compliments. :)

The display is just two 7 Segment Blue LEDs on a board ($2 from RadioShack). Because I don't use the flashlight that comes with the gun, I use the batteries to power the display. Keep in mind it doesn't count. It just stays at 32. The switch to activate the counter came from RadioShack also.

I bought the LEDs on ebay...20 pcs 7 Segment Blue LED Display 0.5" Common Cathode less than $20. Get together with a friend cause you will not need all 20. Guy that sells them is in Hong Kong and it may take a while to come in.

I bought 1" LEDs at first but they don't fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back