Can It Be Done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like many people said... if you are all nearly the same size... go the molding way... if not, see if some of the pieces can fit pretty much everybody...

Also, you can make the most important part of your armor in HD files and the rest in med... way easier to build (especially if you use the new Mr. Oreo files.

I would go

Helmet HD or oreofiles
Shoulders med
Forearms your pick I like Oreo new ones... way quicker to build than the HD, and with a little work...
hand HD
greaves med
Thighs HD
Boot HD
Torso Med

In the end, it all depends on the bondo stage and the paint... you can have the best pepped HD pieces, if you mess up the bondo or the paint, it will never look as great as a med piece with a sleek bondo job and a great paint job.

Have fun with your project

its going to be a challenge but if u work hard i know ur going to do it but u have to have determination or it will not work and alot of time but if u work hard and have a giant imagination u can do it.!

Wow, a lot of responses, and Fast :D . Sorry it took me so long to respond, I do not have internet at my place, so I can only come on here when I'm at my parents or elsewhere. So to go about answering questions lol.

I have 4 people to help (thank god) with at least the pepping, I might have to do all the bondo/resin work due to peoples work schedules and its easier for one to learn then for 5 to learn.

Com system I meant walkie talkie, but in the past week I think I've figured out (roughly) how I was going to go about that. Same with the sword, even though I just saw one on here that made me S*** bricks. lol Had a few ideas for some other stuff which I'll DEFINITELY share if it works. (hope it will)

Money isn't an issue, I'm paying for only 2 of the suits, the other 3 are the others' problems (lol)

All electronic work, I can do, and If I can't my dad is an electrical engineer so help is readily available.

As for making molds and casting, I've read (on here) NOT to start with something big, but by making small figures and what not to get the hang of it. Now if by reading, and reading, and reading, I can get comfortable with it, I might as well give it a try to save time, but isn't it more costly?

You guys have filled my mind with ideas via the stickies and just normal posts and I thank you. I am more grateful than you will ever know. :) keep those responses coming!

As long as you take your time and use the time you have wisely you probably can and will create five suits within one year.

I'm siding with Ithica. Mould the 1st suit. But make sure you make that one PERFECT. Then u have 5 perfect suits =D.

Alright, Tonight has started my quest. Making a Mark VI using Oreo's unfolds of Robogenesis' model to test my idea for scaling. So far, I have most of it cut out and ready to be creased and glued. I think I found a method of Scaling that works SUPERB. If it hasn't been figured out already (I haven't seen it it any of the stickies).
So, Pepakura's scale has everything measured out in mm. So, if you measure body part 'x' in cm, then multiply it by 10 (to go from cm to mm). Then simply go into the scale and set the height, width, or depth (depends on what you measure of body part 'x') to that number. So far 2 things that I have scaled using this method appear right. For the helmet, obviously add a few cm so its not resting on the top of your head.
Use common sense when changing the value. Obviously if your head is 25 cm high about 23 cm deep and like 22 cm wide, and you set it for the height and then the depth or width is less than you head it won't work. Hopefully this isn't too confusing.

Also, I'm thinking my whole group MIGHT be able to use the same size helmet, but once again not sure. If I were to cast anything, I'd have to make 2 full suits, as me and my brother are the same size and our significant others are about the same size. My friend is in between so we can make him a bastard suit out of pulls from both.

Well, I hope my new(?) way to scale is helpful! :D

I Don't recommend (some of you already know this) cutting any big piece in one sitting, especially if you are using an x-acto knife. My wrists, hands, and index finger are dying. :(

So sorry for necroposting, but my project is back on track. Everything came to a halt due to my own financial issues. The deadline is still the same, but I have more help now (thankfully). I think I am going to make pulls of two different suits, my entire group is comprised of people that are all about the same size. Do you guys happen to know how much it would cost to do a single pull of a full MarkVI suit? I need to start collecting money from people so I can make this happen. My nights (when I'm not at school) are going to be devoted to pepping, and then applying resin. I am going insane over this whole thing, jeese. :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back