Canadian Reg. Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... first post - might as well be to report in :)

I'm in Quebec - and just finished my spartan armor yesterday... and will be at Comic-Con this weekend:

th_SpartanArmorProgress010w.jpg

GySgt Beaudoin said:
A war on the logo? What are you talking about? What war? The R357thI exists and it has a logo.

The Royal Canadian 357th Regiment/Division/Battalion (Whatever it "is") does not exist. Researched it, nothing. Asked my recrutement officer, nothing. There are 357 NCO's in the Canadian Grenadier Guard, but thats all I came up with.

No offence, but it doesn't sound like your in the CF, RCAF, or the RCN. I'm not 100% sure, but its a possibility.

Sorry again, but your really confusing me. Is this fake UNSC/UNSCMC/UNSCDF, or is this real CF/RCAF/RCN?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LastSpartan']If you have projects to show, it would be better in Creation than in 405th Discussion.[/quote]On that subject, I want to make a set of UNSC flag patches. Is it OK to post an interest thread on this forum?

original.jpg

[quote name='Xtreme TACTICS 101']The Royal Canadian 357th Regiment/Division/Battalion (Whatever it "is") does not exist.[/quote]The 357th exists only within the realm of fandom, pal... I don't understand how people are thinking this is an actual military group. We're on a HALO forum, right? Let's all relax troops... we're here to have fun. Let's bury the politics and concentrate on being UNSCDF badasses.

[quote name='Xtreme TACTICS 101']No offence, but it doesn't sound like your in the CF, RCAF, or the RCN.[/quote]None taken... despite that I will get my CD in February 2010, but whatever. FYI: Did you know that the terms RCAF and RCN became out of use since the 1968 unification of the CF? They are known as Canadian Forces Air Command or simply Air Force and Canadian Forces Maritime command or simply Navy.

I'm going to guess that you are in the service, if so what element? Brigade? MOC? Rank? I am in LFC, 34CBG, 011, Corporal.

Sorry man, you hade me confused with the Royal part. Normally, you would need the Queen/King to dub it Royal so I had no clue. And it makes more sence in the future anyhow.

as for me being a member of the CF, Im not actually in it...Yet. Im only 15, but in about 6 months, I begin training to be in the reserve force (thank god you only have to be 16!). Im really excited, and its a hobbey that pays. If I do make the military a career (If I switch to the regular force) Im looking into extended officer training. Then when I have some more experiance, possibly apply for JTF-2 after I'm at my 2 year member point (Regular Force).

As for the name of the RCAF and RCN having been changed to CFAC. Im only in World War Two in history, so I had no clue. But, duely noted, thanks.

Hi I will probably try to be there Saturday if I can convince my girlfriend to come see the comic con.

And also I could bring my smick brute spike if some of you want to see this wonderful piece of art he have made.

Pat

I still think "Queen's own Spartans" would be a much funner regiment name. Better yet the ODST members should be organized into a squadron called "Queen's own Jumpers" since the real queen's own rifles has a parachute tasking

El dictator said:
Vous voyez c pour ça que je ne viens jamais écrire ici ! Il y a des gens qui ne sont pas capable d'avoir du plaisir .Il ne peuvent pas avoir un peu d'imagination . C trop dure pour leurs cerveau !

Donc je vais rester avec ma gang du 357th et avoir du fun entre ami et surtout entre adult .

A oui je n,ai pas le gout et de temps a perdre a traduire ce message en anglais !

Bye, j'tai enlevé de la liste. Have fun elsewhere.

Pour le drapeau Beaudoin, tu dois être un membre vétéran pour avoir accès au classifieds. Tu pourrais demander a un admin sinon, mais désolé, pas de run sur "discussion".

I also have a Spiker although I never actually built it ^^

Also, like I tried to say in my last post, Let's no start ANY logo/name debate as of now.

We do not exist, remember. Also, the 357 is on another website and is not quebec regiment.

Now, before we start discussing the things above, we'd need to elect a leader.

I don't know, if we want to look like a 501st regiment, I believe we should have someone on top.

But again, won't be now as 3/4 of our members are no more active...

[quote name='LastSpartan']I don't know, if we want to look like a 501st regiment[/quote]OMG, no, you don't want to look like a 501st regiment my friend... TRUST ME. As a member of the 501st (TC7210), I can tell you... BELIEVE ME... we don't even NEED that kind of structure here yet... not ever for a looooong time to come. Stay away from politics and leadership bids; it makes enemies and ends friendships. Looking forward to chatting with you this Saturday, be sure to come see me... I'll tell you what you need to have fun... and it's NOT 501st-like structure. Fait moi confiance, j'ai 18 ans d'experience dans le fandom.

I will be there Saturday and I was asking my self if they have any other member from quebec city and other near city, who wanted to go to the motreal comiccon. I can put 3 other person in my car (girlfriend not coming) so if you are interest just have to send me a pm before saturday. I would be happy to help you.

Pat

GySgt Beaudoin said:
OMG, no, you don't want to look like a 501st regiment my friend... TRUST ME. As a member of the 501st (TC7210), I can tell you... BELIEVE ME... we don't even NEED that kind of structure here yet... not ever for a looooong time to come. Stay away from politics and leadership bids; it makes enemies and ends friendships. Looking forward to chatting with you this Saturday, be sure to come see me... I'll tell you what you need to have fun... and it's NOT 501st-like structure. Fait moi confiance, j'ai 18 ans d'experience dans le fandom.

Ouais biensûr, je serai là les deux jours anyway, avec camcorder et appareil photo :)

Garzak said:
I will be there Saturday and I was asking my self if they have any other member from quebec city and other near city, who wanted to go to the motreal comiccon. I can put 3 other person in my car (girlfriend not coming) so if you are interest just have to send me a pm before saturday. I would be happy to help you.

Pat

Nice! Ah merci de venir!

http://montrealcomiccon.com/english/gi.htm

Schedule and location

Saturday, September 19th, 2009, from 11:00am to 6:00pm

Sunday, September 20th, 2009, from 10:00am to 5:00pm

Place Bonaventure, room 200-N

800, rue de la Gauchetière Ouest, Montreal (Quebec) H5A 1K6

How to get to Place Bonaventure

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Admission fee

1-day pass : $10

2-day pass : $15

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Accommodation

There are plenty of accommodations in Montreal for all kinds of budgets. Here are a few suggestions based on the proximity of the convention venue.

Hilton Montreal Bonaventure

Sheraton Centre Montreal

Parking

Place Bonaventure offers a large number of on-site parking spaces. Indoor parking is accessible by Mansfield Street.

Click here for more info.

Public transportation

Certainly the best way to get to Place Bonaventure to avoid the traffic and do your part to save our planet! The nearest metro station is Bonaventure (orange line). It is directly linked to Place Bonaventure via the underground pedestrian network.

For more info :

Société de transport de Montréal

Agence métropolitaine de transport

Costume contest

There will be a costume contest during the Montreal Comic-Con. Costumes can be anything related to the event - superheroes, science-fiction, manga, etc. Join the fun!

Contest rules

* There will be 2 winners every day, i.e. 2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday.

* Prizes consist of $25 spending cash at the show.

* On Saturday, the first winner will be declared at 2:30 pm and the second one at 5:30 pm.

* On Sunday, the first winner will be declared at 1:00 pm and the second one at 4:00 pm.

* From the 4 winners, one will be declared champion and receive $200 spending cash at the show.

Door prizes

Many door prizes will be drawn throughout the event. You could be one of the winners!

I just hope I will not lost my self in montreal, but I got a GPS so I maybe gonna be able to arrive in one piece. I think I will be bringing my helmet to. The invite is still in for the people who are interested in coming, so you want to go but dont have a car or doesn't want to go alone from quebec city just send me a pm.

Pat

Meet me at longueuil if you want, we could put our helmets in the metro :D

J'voudrais savoir à quelle heure vous planifiez d'arriver samedi? Je veux pas être le premier à arriver, ou être tout seul comme à Concept ^^

wow it's great to see more and more people from the calgary area, 6 of us now this is great! we should plan a get together sometime and share some tips or something.

LastSpartan said:
Meet me at longueuil if you want, we could put our helmets in the metro :D

J'voudrais savoir à quelle heure vous planifiez d'arriver samedi? Je veux pas être le premier à arriver, ou être tout seul comme à Concept ^^

That would be really nice, but did they allow brute spike in the metro.

Pat

Backpacks?

Anyway, I doubt they would let us in with helmets on.

I don't mind meeting you at Longueil tho, if you want to take the metro.

Haha yeah I never think of the backpack, But just send me a pm of where I have to meet you at longeuil and the hour and I will be there.

Pat

Okay so Garzak and I will be at the metro (Near the McDonalds) at 11:30. We should arrive at the con with tickets in hand near 12.

I will wear my ODST shirt with black helmet and Garzak is with the 405th t-shirt and his red helmet I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back