Canadian Reg. Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a really got day at the montreal comic-con and it was really cool. Some people even take picture of me and lastspartan. We where only wearing our helmet and I was also having my beautiful smick brute spike with me. I will try to find some pic of this soon.

Pat

Boys, enchante de vous avoir rencontre. Mais, je vais etre franc avec vous... beaux casques... mais... les porter sans armure, c'est completement nul. J'espere que vous prener bien cette suggestion d'un costumier veteran.

C'est sûr, mais les faire compte tenu que pour ma part, il s'agit de mon premier prop, d'une base pepakura, de ma premiere shot fructueuse au fibre de verre et au body filler,

j'en suis fier quand même. Je déteste trop Pepakura pour continuer le reste de l'armure avec. Je préfère de loin utiliser l'argile, pour l'instant.

Mais bon, je viendrai pas aujourd'hui finalement, trop de trucs a faire pour le cegep.

Mais ouais, c'tait bien plaisant hier ^^

J'ai encore mal au dos d'avoir été debout aussi longtemps ^^.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ea4cV5Uhos[/media]

Also Beaudoin, what I wanted to say about the leader is that we need someone to represent the Canadian "group".

I understand we want to be all equal and like you told me, to stay far from the 501st, but still, the admins here are already hard to reach, it'd be easier if someone had the responsability to represent the canadians.

I could be the Canadian member who keeps contact with the mods and whatnot. Im almost always on (every day im one and posting) and im a constantly active member. I'm also fairly respected here on the forums. I'm sure the Canadian members here would be sorta sketchy about a 15 (turning 16 soon) year-old member taking care of stuff like this. I also live really close to the US (45 minute drive to the boarder) so personal contact with members of the US would be easy for me. I'm more then up to the challange if everybody/the most of you all agree.

Let me know what you think everyone.

Xtreme you have my vote. I know you are always on, and you have contributed a lot. I think there should be a central member for each prov. and then a main member for representing all of the canadians. Then each prov rep handles the meetings, cons, etc for that prov. and the main member helps to coordinate the rest of it with the entire 405th.

Just my two cents.

~James

I'm sorry to have to say it this way, but you're too young to be a leader of anything. To be quite honest, if the Canadian section is going to be led by a teenager... I'm bailing. No offence to you of course, but how much experience in leadership, management and forum moderation do you have? I've taken military leadership course, I'm a business manager for now 5 years and a moderator on three busy forums and a respected personality in the Aliens-Colonial Marines community.

What are your qualifications? You play a lot of Halo and post a lot?

Ouch man. That was just plain mean. In my defence, I barely play any halo (or video games), and I don't post that much.

Besides, who are YOU to say I can't do it? Its a free country after all. I know my rights. You can't walk in here, and tell me what I can and can not do.

But seriously, We would have to have a "leader" for each province/territory. There arn't many active members in Ontario. Spartan II is out of a job and has no time for this kind of stuff because he is looking for one. I honestly can't think of any others from Ontario.

And, you don't have much of a say in the Ontario leadership area. You're in Quebec. I will take the job for know until Spartan II can relieve me (when he can, and if he agrees).

As for Quebec, Its either you, or Last Spartan. Im not sure about the other provinces/territories.

Also, I REALLY hope this doesn't back fire on all of us. If we begin to seperate into groups for each province/territory, we may not get along. So possibly this isn't the best idea? Maybe when we have 250 active Canadian members, but not know. Most of us are not on anymore. Nobody within a 2 hour drive from where I am has been on in a while.

Lets just kick back, and wait for more active, contributing members before we do anything like this.

GySgt Beaudoin said:
... I've taken military leadership course, I'm a business manager for now 5 years and a moderator on three busy forums and a respected personality in the Aliens-Colonial Marines community.

What are your qualifications? You play a lot of Halo and post a lot?

Well in my opinion it should be someone willing to take on the job, not condescend other people, is currently and actively contributing to the group. Also as I would see it the person should not be a seriously active member/moderator/owner of any other forums.

I am as well a respected member of other forums, and I can tell you that no one likes mods that are too busy for help or "moderation" within the forum.

So I ask... Why not a late teens early 20's? This person has the least responsibilites in life, with the most time offered to the group for moderation concerns.

At the same time, a teen early 20's will be going to college and so thus the time as our leader would be shortened. So (Shrugs) I guess we just need people to make recommendations or announce that they would like to be the leader.

Just my two cents

~James

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, I step down from the whole thing. I'm just tired of it.

Anybody that wants to take my place, and update the first post, go ahead.

How are we going to do that? I will gladly if you don't mind, but should I start a new topic for it continuing this one? If so, I'll get right on it.

If you guys can't get off the topic of who's going to be our leader... you're going to wear yourselves thin. It's a waste of time, stop worrying about it, just have fun, and we'll worry about "leadership" when we're a real big group.

I can't believe this damn drama about who needs to run a section of a dozen guys on a forum... get off it!

We're aleady off of it. Don't worry about it. Like I stated before, We shouldn;t worry about this until we have 250 active and contributing members, or 50 members per province/territory.

personally i don't think we need a leader, we seem to be doing well atm and with he current list of members it has become wayyyy easier to track down people near us. i think we should leave it as is.

now back to my older post, i still think that some of us in the calgary area should plan a get together, even if it's in a park or maybe at stampede park it would we cool to meet each other and possibly plan to get together at the Calgary comic-con in armor or something. anyone who's interested pm me and we'll start to find a good time and place for this.

ok i'm done.

I think that us Canadians need our own forum.

Instead of using one thread for all our bickering I think we should have a more dedicated space.

I am sorry if this has been brought up before, its just what I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back