Capture Card Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, strange...
Is it have it's own separate power supply?
I mean USB port isn't very powerful powersupply :)
Try to connect it to desktop PC or something...
I mean I had problems with a few capture cards in past, like... they're motherboard killers!
TV capture card is very-high power-consumpting devices. I lost few motherboards with blown capacitors while played with that type of hardware :)
It is possible that power from your laptop just isn't enough to supply that device when it works =\
Good luck

I have a Dazzle capture card myself. There are a few things you should bear in mind if you're trying to record from an XBox 360, which seeing as this is a Halo-based forum, I assume you are.

I have mine set up so that the component cables from the 360 go into an A/V splitter, from there, one set of component cables goes to the TV, whilst the others go directly to the Dazzle, which is, of course, connected to the PC.

Here's where there's some things you should check. First of all, make sure the switch on the 360's component cables is set to TV, not HDTV, then, under System Settings, make sure your XBox is displaying images at PAL 50. The Dazzle doesn't seem to record at 60Hz.

Let me know if it helps. I had some problems with mine when I first tried it out.

i have two capture cards dont expect to use them to capture and play your on your xbox at the same time.. reson all capturecards lag when recording. why its because they have to encode stuff at the same time. i know its messed up but you just need to go and buy those y connectors

rca y female connectors
AdptRfY.jpg

once you have that get another rca cable and plug it into your xbox and computer caputer on your computer but play the game on your xbox and tv like normal.

if your useing your computer capturecard for a tv... note that this way you cannot capture any film or sound but only use your computer like a tv with no lag.

go to adobe and download adobe flash live media encoder 3 install and change video device settings to fit your capture card and how the xbox is plugged in.. tada you now have a tv.. sometimes the quality sucks so have those y cables anyways but set it up so they plug into the line in connector on your computer useing something like this.

stereo mini to male rca
Adpt-2RcfMsm.jpg

hope that solved some things.. or atleist cleared up how to capture. remember all capturecards no matter what will lag when you use any recording software to film off of it or otherwise. flash encoder doesnt record so its set to a tv more than a actuall recording viewfinder

on a side note.. i want a alienware laptop. those things run soooo nice.... but so do custom computers that do the same for less... but the cases arent that cool then :cautious: :(

I don't have splitters though, I bought them, but when I tried to plug them in, nothing happened. So I did a TV RCA cable > Dazzle, to tv. Xbox 360 cable, to tv. Then on my computer it shows i can record, it just lags like crap, what do I need to do to get the Splitters working.

How do I change to pal 50. Its not in system settings.

Leadingspartan said:
How do I change to pal 50. Its not in system settings.

1. Fire up your Windows Movie Maker (exists in any WinXP system)
2. Go to Capture Video -> Capture from Video Device
You'll get list of available videocapture devices. Choose the right source
and press "Configure..." button on the right side of the form.
Change parameters, and start capture :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant the System Settings on the 360. Under Console Settings > Display.

As for the splitter, there's a switch on the 360's cables, where it connects to the console that says TV and HD, make sure it's switched to TV.

It's most probably the laptop... your CPU is having to transcode the video, because the capture card doesn't and your laptop graphics card doesn't. Have a look at the task manager while recording and see if it's at 100%.

edit: alternative possibility: the harddrive which your are recording to is too slow. unlikely, but it has happend on a few USB drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back