• Card paper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wakingcorpse187

So I dont have the printer up and running so i found some boxes around the house and start free handing all the parts together and at fist every thing starts to look ok, then came the painting and now it only looks good at a distents

wakingcorpse187 said:
So I dont have the printer up and running so i found some boxes around the house and start free handing all the parts together and at fist every thing starts to look ok, then came the painting and now it only looks good at a distents

i would use what ever your can get your hands on, you can never have too much practice, and dont worry about the paint job, the great thing is you can paint over it, or sand it off and repaint it, just take your time and it will look fine

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like you could use some sealant to make the cardboard less porous.

lots of options - I like fibreglass resin. other people are investigating other options like aqua resin, PVA glue, melted down hot glue sticks.

remember, its not only abt the re-inforcing, its also sealin the porous materials

Yep, resin and bondo will do wonders. That's what I used on my quick-and-dirty shoulder pieces and they turned out pretty good. Not only does it take paint better, but it also give a nicer texture than cardboard will, at least to my eyes.

It was just cardboard hot-glued together and bondo on top. Didn't even bother with straight fiberglass resin. I put a few strips of fiberglass on the back to give more support to ensure things wouldn't break, but you should be able to find other ways to reinforce whatever you're building if need be.

3710351848_3a0649b750.jpg

Trooper0621 said:
Yep, resin and bondo will do wonders. That's what I used on my quick-and-dirty shoulder pieces and they turned out pretty good. Not only does it take paint better, but it also give a nicer texture than cardboard will, at least to my eyes.

It was just cardboard hot-glued together and bondo on top. Didn't even bother with straight fiberglass resin. I put a few strips of fiberglass on the back to give more support to ensure things wouldn't break, but you should be able to find other ways to reinforce whatever you're building if need be.

3710351848_3a0649b750.jpg

Gonna try your method for my Hunter armor :lol although I must say, figuring out the proper dimensions is a bit of a pain on cardboard. (The shields a b!tc# to get right)

Okay, I think I can help.

I always use cardboard for my armor. What I do is cardboard structure, and the seams are covered in paper tape. If you still don't wanna bother using paper tape, whatever, either way, a good paint to use is acryllic. Also, it's rather cheap to buy in bottles at walmart or craft stores. You'll need maybe two coats, but it doesn't seep in too bad and is quite versatile. What paint are you using?

RFPnoodle said:
Okay, I think I can help.

I always use cardboard for my armor. What I do is cardboard structure, and the seams are covered in paper tape. If you still don't wanna bother using paper tape, whatever, either way, a good paint to use is acryllic. Also, it's rather cheap to buy in bottles at walmart or craft stores. You'll need maybe two coats, but it doesn't seep in too bad and is quite versatile. What paint are you using?

thanks

i might do this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back