Cardboard Venator Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

averysmallhorse

Hey guys, I'm going to show you my Venator Helmet. Again, as stated in my other posts, I don't do pepakura so don't fly off the handle and tell me it's crap. Cardboard stuff will never have the detail pepakura does, and I'm 14 so...
heres a reference:
halo_4_dlc_armure_octobre_2012_4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what you're talking about, that's really good!
Better than what I can do w/ cardboard, that's for sure.

That's the spirit, bumblebee!

Well, back in the day, like, 4 months ago, I used a different account and I was a little too confident of my stuff I made so I made a new account and try to be as humble as possible lol. Thanks btw

Dude, that is rad! I've always thought this helmet as a Dead Space helmet. Now all my friends call it that. Still, really cool build. do you think you will be doing a full suit?

lol, he's right ^ It does remind me of dead space

There's no reason to go and make a new account (in fact I'm pretty sure that's against the rules, but we won't hurt you for it.) Not too bad this time, but maybe that's just just because the helmet itself is pretty jagged. Whatever! I really do recommend trying out bondo. I've seen people do wonders with it on cardboard helmets hint hint. I'm sure you'd want to harden before all of that, though.

Hey, you were theMachinga? Glad to see you back on the forums! I've been subbed to your youtube channel for a while, and I know most of your props deserve to be here on the forums. (you've probably seen all my comments saying that you chould put you stuff on the 405th, lol)

...and I was a little too confident of my stuff I made...

I saw everything on your old account and I don't think you were overconfident at all. There were some members that were a little too critical of your work, but you did nothing wrong. Part of the forum rules is that everyone is suppoed to be positive and encouraging, and those members were not.

One of the biggest tips I can give you is to go to your local Johanns or HobbyLobby and pick up some foamies sheets. They are only $1 each and work great for building up details.

Another thing, you should put something in your signature that says "previously the Machinga" or something like that. With 400+ subs on youtube, someone is bound to recognise you here.

But otherwise your helmet looks great! Can't wait to see more from you.

Yeah it's me, and I've been wanting to make stuff with foam and foamies but I cna't find the foam that people us to make armor like EVA and polystyrene.

Yeah it's me, and I've been wanting to make stuff with foam and foamies but I cna't find the foam that people us to make armor like EVA and polystyrene.

Eva foam can be found at Lowes or harbor freight, and extruded polystyrene styrafoam can be found at lowes also. Polystyrene can be crap to work with sometimes though, because you need a really sharp blade (also can be found at lowes for like $1). I'd love to see what kind of stuff you can come up with out of foam, as great as you are with cardboard.

I know that problem too well, it's often very hard to get the materials you need because most shop assistant's don't have a clue what EVA foam is atleast in Austria since we call it "Moosgummi" but even when I tried to explain them what it is normally used for and also showed pics they had no idea. Then I googled "EVA Schaum Graz" which means "EVA foam Graz <- City I live in" And the first 2 pages were all links to some company and EVA here and there, but when I got there they had no f*in clue so yes I guess it's the easiest way sometimes to buy your stuff online.
And btw. your helmet looks awesome, I don't like many of the Halo 4 helmets except MK VI, Scout and Wetwork maybe but builds like yours kind of make the Venator helm more attractive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back