cardboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shipmastr

umm i just want to know. im trying to branch out and want to attempt to make a gundam helmet out of cardboard. i just want to know (if anyone ho worked with cardboard before) how you get it to be rounded. im just curious, i dont really want like a whole process pointed out, but like a basic description saying "i did this and this so that this......" or something like that. just wondering..

I needed rounded pieces for my thighs, so I taped the back side of the curve so that it was rounded. Then I resigned and glassed it.

I used cardboard for some parts of my first suit. What I did was use a poster tube and slowly rolled it over the cardboard, rolling it over the edge of a table will work too. Make sure you align the corrugation perpendicular to curve, so for horizontal curves make sure the corrugation is vertical, and horizontal it for a vertical curve.

I made my first suit entirely out of cardboard. The trick for the folds is the score the fold lines to allow the cardboard to fold easier. Remember the more you score the easier it is to fold and shape. The only issue is that the more scoring done, the flimsier it could be (depends on how thick or thin your cardboard is). Good luck though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back