Carpathia's Halo 3 Odst W.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
spartan1234 said:
can you add files for all the amour plz :D

dude there is a tread dedicated to the ODST suit, Skullcandy Girl made some etc. also the weta knees and shins are out there. so they are out there and most of the time they wont want people reposting the files in other topics so here is the link to the thread, remember the search button is your friend =D

ODST armor TOPIC[

I hope this helps and good luck with your armor =D

Last edited by a moderator:
can you add files for all the amour plz

I did post the link to those files in post #16, it's the same link that Shackz wrote in the previous post.

Well, since this is getting to the point that it is no longer my first pep, does anyone know if there is any way to change the title of the thread?

Edit: Never mind, figured it out.

I'll have the second shoulder done by tomorrow and begin work on the legs after. It's difficult juggling school and taking care of an 11-month-old, so I haven't gotten as much work done on it as I'd like.

Try clicking on the files that are zipped. It will come up automatically and ask if you want to open or save. Just open the folder, then you can cut and paste the files wherever you want. Hope this helps.

Yea!! Shoulders finished, on to the shins!!
3436121953_6a044ed491.jpg

spartan1234 said:
i tried to downlad them from there and they were on 2shared. i never found a download button :mad:
At the bottom right of the page, you should see "Save file to your PC: click here". The rest you know how to do.

Here's a progress picture of my ODST shins so far. It's going fairly well, not a very difficult piece to pep so far. I'm building both shins at the same time so I don't run into the same frustration I ran into with the shoulder pieces, it seems to be going quickly.

3439978949_88f58e974a.jpg

More to come!

woot!

One of the things that I hate about the human body shape when I make models or costumes is that I hate that the fact that they are symmetrical and have 2 arms/legs. It's kinda frustrating the fact I have to make another part which is not so fun :p

That's the frustration I was having with the shoulder pieces. I got one done, all the tiny little parts and folds. I was proud, but I thought to myself, "Man, I have to do that again!?"

Here's the updates on my shins, dosen't look like much work, but anyone who's done the ridges on the front shin parts knows how labor intensive they are.
3443365241_fdf92a9114.jpg

3443365403_7a47f7685b.jpg

And a close up of the ridge detail. Fun!
3443365523_44bc1b47dd.jpg

Well, it's been a while, but I finally got my ODST shins/calves peped! I had a little trouble with one of the calves, but the bondo stage should cover that up.

3468037502_6030bd1707.jpg

3468037612_f6df594634.jpg

3468037700_71730265f8.jpg

If you look at about half way down the calf section, you can see a bit of a gap, and some warpage near the bottom. Here I actually had some trouble, so I had to cut off the tab and cover the hole with tape. But like I said earlier, the resin/glass/bondo will cover all that up.
3468037798_6dd2d52bcc.jpg

You'll notice that I didn't pep the boot toe plates. I plan on making them out of steel. This process will be similar to making a pair of sabatons (medieval foot armor), and since I have some experience making plate armor, it shouldn't be a stretch.

I'm going to start on the thighs soon, shouldn't take very long since the thighs are only three or four sheets each. I'm really glad to be done with the lower legs though.

This is going to be a bad @$$ suit when it's done!

As for the calves, it Looks good to me...

Keep it up man!

Well, I finished my ODST thighs. They were a surprisingly, and refreshingly, quick build. I was able to pep them inside of four hours.
3470564408_2dbaacbc0e.jpg

These two pictures show that they actually fit. I was a bit nervous, but I measured and measured, and the default size pep file was fine. Odd since I've had to rescale the shoulders and the shin/calf plates.
3470564534_91245f1d8a.jpg

3469750255_60c140b32a.jpg

After this, it's on to the upper body. I'll start the torso backplate. I'm going to use the smooth version, since this will cut down on the need to bondo heavily. Anyway, more to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back