Carpathia's Halo 3 Odst W.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nightshade said:
For all you guys interested in any new ODST armor, be sure to check out the other thread in the noob section. I'm working on some new models for Halo 3: ODST/Recon. Thanks to the unfolding talent of MrOreo, the first model (new ODST shoulder ... very cool looking) are up for download! Once the finished second model (sniper shields) are finished being unfolded, I will make a new thread in the Pepakura forum, so stay posted! I love those peps you have there, very clean. The middle of the shoulders must have taken some time. Good work!

Wow, I recently checked out Nightshade's thread, and there are pdo files for the new game's armor. I think, after I finish this suit, I'll be pepping those and making the armor pieces interchangable so I can have both weta's and the game's version of the suit! Great thread, Nightshade!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! How did I miss this?!?!11!1one!1!!one! VERY clean folds and well built. Hopfully there will be no warping during fiberglassing.

Also, What height did you use for the shins? I know your 6'1", I just need to know what the shins height was for my "project".

Good luck on the ODST soldier!

CHEERS!

You did a great job with pep! I totally messed up the gauntlet but, I think it'd still be doable. Start resining those suckas!

Also, What height did you use for the shins? I know your 6'1", I just need to know what the shins height was for my "project".

I can't remember the exact number, but it was between 40 and 45 cm. I measured it from the ground to just below my knee since the boot toe is included in the pep and that pretty much goes to the floor.

This it insanely good
its like robotic precision
and odst is straight up beast
you got yourself a monster of a project

Pepa Beast you are!!! Man that was incredible just going through those and seeing how clean the folds are! I hope my build when I start is that smooth! Good luck with Resining it!

Chris Gold

Well, it's been a while, and I've seen many great ODST suits in the making, and I've finally progressed a bit with mine as well. I finally managed to get a job and save up for some resin, and this afternoon, I got brave and decided the first thing I'll resin is my ODST helmet (since right now, the rest of my suit is in a closet at my parent's house and my helmet is right here). All went well. The respirator worked VERY well, I didn't smell a thing until I was finished applying the resin, then I took off the mask and realized just how powerful this stuff smells! While I was at it, I went ahead and resined another one of the few helmets I've been working on, a CQB helm. I'm going to get the fiberglass in as soon as I can, but my inlaws are complaining about the smell of the resin now (ugh). I worked on it outside, but the smell still lingered in, powerful stuff. Anyway, here are a few pics...

3736120740_3d5afdf8a2.jpg

A little blurry, but you can see the resin fairly well.

3735326997_11664c9d59.jpg

And my CQB helmet.

3736121602_9d70c32aef.jpg

Unfortunatly, since my inlaws are complaining, I'll have to find another place to resin my armor (again, ugh). So, once again, it may be a while before I can glass my helm. Oh well, we're living here for free, so I can't complain. Anyway, enjoy.

Nice to see another fan of the NZ-TK helmet build. When I resined my helmet, it turned out mostly amber in color. But then when I used the same resin on my chest, it was nice and clean like how your helmet turned out. I wonder why.

Are you using the ratio of hardener to resin recommended on the can? I used just over half the recommended amount on the chest so that I could mix and use more at a time. Maybe that's why the second resin job was cleaner.

thats not NZ-TK's, well it is but it was modifyed bye ruze and unfolded by ral partha. and the helmet looks great not spotting any warping at all nice work.

This thread is actually SO depressing for me. Your work is consistently amazing, and ridiculously fast, whereas my work is crappy at best, and dragged out unnecessarily. Good work. I wish mine was as good :'(

box o crayons said:
thats not NZ-TK's, well it is but it was modifyed bye ruze and unfolded by ral partha. and the helmet looks great not spotting any warping at all nice work.

Hmmm...I should have looked at it more carefully. Thank you for correcting me.

Yeah, that's ruze's modification and ral partha's unfold. I pepped that one since it has the visor. I'm planning on using it as a base to vaccuform the visor in the future.

To answer your question, I'm using the mixture ratio recommended on the can. I was able to get the entire helmet coated with 2 oz. before it started to gel up. As of now, both helmets are pretty well cured and ready to be glassed on the inside.

any tips when folding your peps im working on odst as well but im not going to do the helm yet i might some day but not yet i did the back but some of the fold and glue taps were so small that i had to use outher pices of paper or staples should i hot glue it or tape it???

oh and btw good job i love that odst armor spartan armor is so over rated jk

Well, due to the great quality of the new ODST peps coming out, I've decided to jump on the bandwagon and re-pep a few pieces. Namely, the chest, stomache, arms and shoulders. I completed the new chest piece tonight, only took me a few hours to pep, and the quality is outstanding compared to the older files (no offense SKG). Here are some pics...

The chest piece with a few characters glued on to get an effect of how it will look when it's done. I'm putting "Carpathia" across the top to match Buck, or Dutch, or any of the others.

3854349447_d5b2340968.jpg

And a quick pic of how it fits on me.

3854354543_7c2e88af12.jpg

Again, these new files are AMAZING! I really enjoyed peping this piece and look forward to the rest. As of now, my helmet is fiberglassed on the inside and I'm waiting till I can afford Bondo to start the detail work. While I'm waiting for that, I'm going to start resining/glassing the rest of the parts I'm going to keep (shins, thighs, hips and torso). Enjoy!

EDIT: Oh, odstcpl, as far as tips go, basically, just take your time. Make sure you know how each piece will fit together before you even begin to fold. To get a nice crisp fold, use a slightly dulled Xacto blade to score the proper side of the crease. Other than that, just be patient.

Underdogg13 said:
you should make that chest piece just a slight bit bigger. Looks a little small.

Yah I Agree with underdog, but in all sincerity I think you should stick with the old chest piece, (no affense) because if you fiberglass, and do some bondo work, and carve some detail in there, it would be more accurate to the actual odst suit. Just take a look for your self on the elite forums what the masters of odst use, like Rube, and link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back