Carpathia's Halo 3 Odst W.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carpathia

Sr Member
*This has sort of turned into a full-fledged WIP. So, I'm hoping this thread will follow my progress from pep, through resin, glass, bondo and paint all the way to donning the armor.*

Well, here they are. My ODST knees, and my first attempt at folding a pep. I chose the knees for the first project since they seemed fairly simple. Next, I'll move to the ODST shoulders.

3422735417_0408eb752f.jpg

Since this is my first project, any criticism or advice would be accepted. Personally, I'm quite happy with them and can't wait to get them resined, glassed, bondoed and painted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent job man, very well done. Crisp folds, no warping; no one will have any critiquing to do! I'm sure you'll do fine on the other pieces, given this stuff! Good luck with the resining.
Do Work Son..

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. I'll be starting the shoulders tonight and I'll have some pics up by tomorrow. I'm used to working with pulp board (sort of like matte board, but easier to cut), which is a lot thicker than card stock. I use it for architectural models in school, but working with card stock is really nice so far.

How do you pep that good!?!?!?Exelent job!! :popcorn: I'm watch'n this progress.The popcorn is for the real good part.
:) =(

Sorry, no update just yet. I built one of the shoulders last night only to find out that it was too small. I resized and have about half of one built now, I'll have pictures up sometime after.

Holy monkey! Those folds! Reminds me of Hellraiser: Bloodlines... "Such pliant fingers, toy maker"

Excellent work, thus far!

I'm using the files from this link. For the knees and shins, the model was by Ruze789 and it was unfolded by Ral Partha. The rest of the parts, I'm not sure who made the models off hand, but I'm using the unfolds done by Ral Partha. The knees were fine for me default size, but so far, the rest of them come up a little small, so some scaling is necessary.

Well, finally an update. I finished one, correct size, ODST shoulder/bicep pieces. They were a little more difficult than the knees, but not terrible. There is a little warping in the lower part, but I'll build a few support struts and fix that when I resin it.
3428411968_fc6cc6820e.jpg

3428412128_7537ca23bf.jpg

3428412258_2c53a7ea2f.jpg

3427603507_af4a31b551.jpg

Here you can see the first one I made. It looks ok, but it's way too small. Also, an answer to your question, Sharkhead7854, you can see that I use simple Elmer's white glue.
3427603655_a2f85ec3da.jpg

I'll finish up the second shoulder pieces and move on to my next part. My tenative schedule is...
Knees
Shoulders
Shins
Thighs
Side Plates
Torso/Backplate
Front Chest Plates
Front Stomache Plates
Groin Plates
Back Plates
"Butt" Plates
Gauntlets
Helmet

all i can say is very nice work get those pieces resined and you might be able to get a nice vac mold from them :p

I had thought about that. I do plan on vacuforming the visor like Rube did, but I was thinking of using these pieces for molding and casting copies in the future (if they turn out good enough after resin, glassing and bondo).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back