Carter Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is in the "Noob Forum" section? What the hell? This is amazing man, the proportions are perfect =]

May I ask how you painted the "battle damage"? If you mentioned it before, I may have missed it while going through the pages. I apologize. D: I'll be working on a Dead Space 2 Engineer Suit later (working on making pepakura files because there are none on the web) and battle damage is kinda necessary when you're fighting necromorphs, you know? haha. Hope you respond! This looks fantastic!

This is in the "Noob Forum" section? What the hell? This is amazing man, the proportions are perfect =]

May I ask how you painted the "battle damage"? If you mentioned it before, I may have missed it while going through the pages. I apologize. D: I'll be working on a Dead Space 2 Engineer Suit later (working on making pepakura files because there are none on the web) and battle damage is kinda necessary when you're fighting necromorphs, you know? haha. Hope you respond! This looks fantastic!

Check this sticky out http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31627-HaloGoddess-quot-How-To-Scale-quot-and-More-Tutorial It's a great tut on how to scale your armor, of course you might have to do some minor adjustments depending on how your armor looks but for the most part its pretty accurate.

Sorry I just realized that I forgot to mention how I added the "battle damage" to my armor. All I basically did was build up some areas with body filler then dremel into it using a carving tool in a random jagged fashion lol. I tried to do areas where I would probably see a higher chance of schrapnel damage so the frontal parts of the chest, top of the visor, etc. I then took a 1" paintbrush (which you can get from harbor freight for cheap) and spray painted the tip (with a silver metallic color) and lightly brushed the edges of the entire suit. I would advise that you go light on the first few strokes to avoid a massive blotch of silver going onto the edge. I like more of the scratched slim lines look around the edge, but you can get a lot of different effects. The best part about this is that the more you do it the more techniques you learn. I learn new ways to make my armor look more realistic every time and it's amazing how a little experimentation can unlock a whole new realm of realism in your armor. Best of luck on your build!

Thanks for the tips man, really! I had a feeling it had to do with a brush, but not how to do it. And the dremel idea is genius.

This is going to help a ton in the process, I really do appreciate it =] Again, sick suit!

nice job! looks great!

Thanks! Your Carter is amazing as well!

Thanks for the tips man, really! I had a feeling it had to do with a brush, but not how to do it. And the dremel idea is genius.

This is going to help a ton in the process, I really do appreciate it =] Again, sick suit!

Thanks again! Just a quick tip though, try not to go too crazy with the dremel. My first attempt looked a little odd as I had a lot of damage and had to re-bondo the areas to fill them in. Oh, and I'm sure you read this somewhere already but when painting be sure to fill those dremeled out areas with a void such as toothpaste, petroleum jelly, etc (after a coat of silver paint on the area). That way you can continue painting the piece then wipe the void away still leaving the silver showing.

Nice job on the armor! Don't even try to make a scarab and a pelican ( you know what I mean......) cause this armor is too good to die in!

This is truely an amayzing build, defenetly giving me inspiration for when I do my own build. May I ask what chest is that? Ive been looking for it all over through the pep files and what not, especially the halo reach ones, just cant seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated. Again awsome build man!

Nice job on the armor! Don't even try to make a scarab and a pelican ( you know what I mean......) cause this armor is too good to die in!

Haha good one Croc! But we all know that Spartans never die...they're just missing in action! How else do you think carter was able to buy Halo 4?! :p

This is truely an amayzing build, defenetly giving me inspiration for when I do my own build. May I ask what chest is that? Ive been looking for it all over through the pep files and what not, especially the halo reach ones, just cant seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated. Again awsome build man!

Thanks! I'm glad I can be an inspiration to fellow builders! I used L3X BLU3RIV3R's file for the chest. I used the V3 chest but I think he has a 4th HD version out now. If you google his name I'm sure his thread with all the models he's created should pop up. He has some amazing files for both armor and weapons. Best of luck on your build!

Thanks! I'm glad I can be an inspiration to fellow builders! I used L3X BLU3RIV3R's file for the chest. I used the V3 chest but I think he has a 4th HD version out now. If you google his name I'm sure his thread with all the models he's created should pop up. He has some amazing files for both armor and weapons. Best of luck on your build!

Thanks :) I did find it a few days ago, took abit to find it but I have it, and it really looks sharp. Hoping to start my build eather start of Dec or half way through, see how it goes seeing xmas is getting closer. Might just wait it out till January so I can go nuts spending my money on materials ect that Ill need.

But again very nice build, you did outstanding :)

just saw this! sorry for commenting on an old thread but that a good suit mate! what colours did you use?

just saw this! sorry for commenting on an old thread but that a good suit mate! what colours did you use?

Sorry haven't been on in a while and just saw this post. I don't remember what colors I used... >.< but I know that I used a dark blue then went over it with a lighter blue to get that color...sorry I should have wrote the down... :(

i have just started the pepakura stage of my mark v and the chest piece looks to be the right size but where i slide my head is to small i sized it to me with this method http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=191118 i used method one did i mess up or at the end should i just cut the chest piece in half and put it on with straps

the head opening was too small for me as well. I ended up having to cut it in half and attach the clips you can see on the top of the chest piece. If you size the chest file to fit you're head it'll be wayyy too big. As for what to do after cutting it, I would say either magnets or clips. I would look into possibly hinges as well. I've moved over to the foam side of building so this problem is a thing of the past as foam can flex around your head easily :).

Re: Carter Build (pic heavy)

love the armor. your paint job is fantastic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back