Carter Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is awesome!

I'm at the beginning of making a Carter costume too. Where did you get the awesome visor? Is it opaque, or is it just the way the light bounces off it? It looks maybe like iridium?

also I'd love to know where you got the pep files for the foot!

Asriel

Oh yeah, the helmet looks much better bro. Great job!

hey thanks man. I thought it needed to look a little more metallic with more scratch damage. glad to see that you approve!

Man,Carters helmet is so badass.I like the way this is looking.Hey this is Ruzez helm right?Whats up with the blue and red folds?Can it be edited?

I know right! and yes this is ruze's helm. If you're referring to the pep file then i believe it's the mountain and valley folds. You can edit the colors in pep designer by clicking on the three colored pencil looking things in the top left menu bar. Then check off either valley mountain or cut lines and choose a color accordingly. Then drag your mouse while holding down the button over the shapes on the other side, and you should have edited to colors of the lines.

WOW this looks great man, keep up the fantastic work and the weathering on the helmet looks great =D gooduck with the rest man and i will totally be keeping an eye on this thread =D

Thanks! i really appreciate everyone's support! i've been busy with school and work but i'll definitely get some work time in this week. stay tuned!

i love it! thats one sick looking helmet.

Keep it up!

Thanks! i'll definitely keep the effort going! thinking about my next suit already...i have a pretty good idea what it's gonna look like.
this is awesome!

I'm at the beginning of making a Carter costume too. Where did you get the awesome visor? Is it opaque, or is it just the way the light bounces off it? It looks maybe like iridium?

also I'd love to know where you got the pep files for the foot!

Asriel
It's an iridium visor. I got it off of ebay. The pep file for the foot is actually two different files. one is ruze's boot file, and the toe cap is acenat's. you can find both of them in ruze's pep file thread.

Helmet looks great, And I'm looking forward to see how this all comes together.

thanks thorn! you're build is coming along nicely too i see. Can't wait to see it all painted and on with everything mounted!

AWESOME!! looking great!! keep it up!!
thanks! glad to hear you like what you are seeing!

Ok guys, so school has officially started and i've been swamped at work as well =/. I did have a question about where everyone gets their supplies to mount their suit. I'm talking about straps and buckles etc. I've looked on the internet but can't really find anything that would suffice. any suggestions?

Looking great man! im hoping to start my first build tommrow! building myself a master cheif. Im hoping i can get it down in about 2 weeks in time for Halloween, So wish me luck! and i wish you luck to my friend!

hey guys sorry to leave you in the dark for so long...i really had to focus on finishing my suit before halloween which was yesterday! i finished it and will have some pics up soon!!!! can't believe i actually did it! stay tuned for awesome pics!

alright guys..so after a lot of time and effort put into this project it has finally been completed! I was able to finish my suit on the day of my deadline and now have the photos to show you all! It was a big hit with the kids and surprisingly a lot of japanese tourists as well. I have pics from the fit test and the halloween festival down at waikiki. enough of my rambling..here are the photos!

last minute adjustments
lastminuteprep.jpg

fit test
fittest3.jpg

shoulderfittest.jpg

fittest2.jpg

fittest.jpg

gettingsuitedup.jpg

strikeapose.jpg

fittingcodpiece.jpg

lastbutnotleast.jpg

Attachments

• lastminuteprep.jpg
    lastminuteprep.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 144
  • strikeapose.jpg
    strikeapose.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 148
  • gettingsuitedup.jpg
    gettingsuitedup.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 146
  • fittest.jpg
    fittest.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 154
  • fittest2.jpg
    fittest2.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 144
  • shoulderfittest.jpg
    shoulderfittest.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 153
  • fittest3.jpg
    fittest3.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 145
  • fittingcodpiece.jpg
    fittingcodpiece.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 145
  • lastbutnotleast.jpg
    lastbutnotleast.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 139
GO TIME!
withthesister.jpg

trojancondom.jpg

morefans1.jpg

kahalakids.jpg

morefans.jpg

littlekids1.jpg

morefans3.jpg

littlekids.jpg

fans.jpg

groupathouse.jpg

halloweencostume.jpg

captainmorgan.jpg

chrisandrachel.jpg

and the most epic pics of the night!!!
oldschoolandnewschool.jpg

redranger.jpg

Attachments

• trojancondom.jpg
    trojancondom.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 144
  • withthesister.jpg
    withthesister.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 139
  • kahalakids.jpg
    kahalakids.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 140
  • morefans.jpg
    morefans.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 146
  • morefans1.jpg
    morefans1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 148
  • captainmorgan.jpg
    captainmorgan.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 153
  • littlekids1.jpg
    littlekids1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 143
  • morefans3.jpg
    morefans3.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 151
  • littlekids.jpg
    littlekids.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 150
  • fans.jpg
    fans.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 150
  • groupathouse.jpg
    groupathouse.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 148
  • halloweencostume.jpg
    halloweencostume.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 140
  • oldschoolandnewschool.jpg
    oldschoolandnewschool.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 139
  • chrisandrachel.jpg
    chrisandrachel.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 140
  • redranger.jpg
    redranger.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 136
and last but not least...
spartansgettheladies.jpg

what can i say? spartans do get the girls =P

Attachments

• spartansgettheladies.jpg
    spartansgettheladies.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 131
Thanks for all your help surfabum

ATTACH]
Hey Surfabum thank you and all the other guys who helped me out with suggestions and stuff during my build. It's awesome seeing others around the world doing the same thing. I also finished my costume the day of Halloween. Here's a few pics of my armor. I put as much detail as possible and made a few changes along the way. I didn't like the comm part on the helmet and the right shoulder so I changed it to the Para shoulder. Also i didn't put any of the red trims on the armor.
mw6
mw6
mw6
mw6
mw6
The middle finger pic was not aimed at anyone at this forum just the photographer hahahaha

n1.jpg
n.jpg
n3.jpg
n2.jpg
reach2.jpg
reach3.jpg
reach.jpg

Attachments

• n1.jpg
    n1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 148
  • n2.jpg
    n2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 141
  • reach2.jpg
    reach2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 139
  • n3.jpg
    n3.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 143
  • reach3.jpg
    reach3.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 131
  • n.jpg
    n.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 156
  • reach.jpg
    reach.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 145
Hey Surfabum thank you and all the other guys who helped me out with suggestions and stuff during my build. It's awesome seeing others around the world doing the same thing. I also finished my costume the day of Halloween. Here's a few pics of my armor. I put as much detail as possible and made a few changes along the way. I didn't like the comm part on the helmet and the right shoulder so I changed it to the Para shoulder. Also i didn't put any of the red trims on the armor.

Hey MW6! nice job on your suit! it was no problem, here at the 405th everyone should be willing to lend a helping hand. I really like the silver visor look. I picked up a gold one just for accuracy but for my next build i'll definitely be rocking the silver. Glad to see that everything turned out spectacular!

nice job SurfahBum! Glad to see it all completed! I was worried there for a while with no updates for a while LOL!! Congrats man!! Looks bitchin!!!

nice job SurfahBum! Glad to see it all completed! I was worried there for a while with no updates for a while LOL!! Congrats man!! Looks bitchin!!!
haha thanks! yeah i was scrambling last minute to finish...I wasn't sure if I was going to make it but i did! it probably would have turned out a lot better if i paced myself throughout the process...looking to do that for my next suit which is gonna be a mk.6 for next year halloween and possibly halo 4 release! definitely excited for that!
Wow I'm not sure if this build is in the elite thread but it should be, outstanding work and congrats.
thanks zero! I'm glad that you like my work! This was my first build and i definitely learned a lot. I'm working on another suit for next year and hopefully it'll turn out wayyy better than this one now that I have a better understanding and more hands on experience with armor making.

WOW...that's one sweet photo shoot. Looks like the suit came together nicely.
Thanks thorn! I like your build as well! The paint job is amazing! Thanks for the help with the size adjustment with the suit. It came out perfectly!

inspiration..
haha thanks rx. I'm glad I can be an inspiration to fellow noobs on the 405th! Be patient with your builds! the more time and effort you put into it the better your suit will come out. Of course you'll have to throw in some cash if you really want an outstanding piece of work like what numerous members here have done, but even with all the money in the world, you're suit will be nothing if you don't put time and patience into your work. Good luck!

remade some pieces here's some pics

bootrepainted.jpg

rightbicepfront.jpg

rightbicepback.jpg

leftbicepback.jpg

forearms.jpg

kneesfront.jpg

kneeside.jpg

re-strapped my thighs and added screws to hold the strapping in place
thighstrapping.jpg

Attachments

• rightbicepback.jpg
    rightbicepback.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 143
  • leftbicepback.jpg
    leftbicepback.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 126
  • rightbicepfront.jpg
    rightbicepfront.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 143
  • bootrepainted.jpg
    bootrepainted.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 126
  • forearms.jpg
    forearms.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 137
  • kneeside.jpg
    kneeside.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 128
  • kneesfront.jpg
    kneesfront.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 125
  • thighstrapping.jpg
    thighstrapping.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 115
New suit laid out on floor
Suitonfloor.jpg

Last year's version
fittingcodpiece.jpg

This year's version Front view with Halo 4
CarterGAme.jpg

This year's version at Halo 4 release back view
carterkids.jpg

I'll try to get more comparison pics up later when I have time.

Attachments

• Suitonfloor.jpg
    Suitonfloor.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 118
  • carterkids.jpg
    carterkids.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 115
  • CarterGAme.jpg
    CarterGAme.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 120
  • fittingcodpiece.jpg
    fittingcodpiece.jpg