"Casual Friday" Spartan Costume Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

GStam66

Hey everyone! It's been some time since I visited, as I've spent the year deciding what to do for this year's costume, and each time I've started the preparations, something's come up and I had to go with a different option. Originally wanted to pull off Darth Vader, finally, but adding up all the parts and materials put me over the build budget. Then decided to do an Imperial Commando build (kinda like Republic Commando, but different helmet), that got scrubbed as I figured I wouldnt have enough time. Then I went in on a group idea and was going to be Venom or Carnage, but wasn't a fan of the mask options, and I'm not confident in my latex-building skills as I've never done one before, plus the under-muscle-suit would have been too expensive as well. Then I decided to just be a zombie from the Walking Dead, but I once again couldnt find any masks I liked, and didnt want to do makeup again after last year's Emperor Palpatine costume.

So with a month left before Halloween i've decided to be a Spartan again, but naked. Yep, no armor. Got the idea from watching Halo: Nightfall, and seeing Randall. Figured I'd get a UNSC shirt, maybe a padded undershirt to look all beefed up and augmented, get some military-style cargo pants, a thigh holster for the sidearm, some dog tags, and top it off by adding the surgery scars on my hands and arms. If I can figure out how, maybe attach a neural interface to the back of my head. :)

I still have my old Halo 3 styled helmet from my Reach build, and I figure I can sand off the black paint and redo it in olive green. If I have time I might pep up a MA5B really quick too.

I feel like I'm being lazy, but going with a "softer" costume seems to be easier with the lack of free time I have nowadays, plus it's more comfortable and manageable compared to my old Boba Fett and Noble 6 builds. I first noticed liking the soft costume builds after my Mortal Kombat Scorpion costume from a couple years ago. (Still gotta have some cool armor/weaponry/feature though, so for Scorpion I got the white-out contacts, and a real kunai and chain. Palpatine had the makeup and a Ultrasabers Lightsaber.)

Is there anything I'm missing for the "Casual Friday" Spartan idea? Any suggestions on what I could add to make it better? Besides armor. :(

Thanks in advance!

Re: "Casual Friday" Spartan Costume Idea

Randall_Aiken.jpg

Kinda like this, but not as dirty and sweaty lol

There's nothing that really says 'Spartan' like the armor. Without it there's not much left that would make you recognizable as a Spartan.

Maybe you could get away with just the armored boots, gloves, shins, and forearms?

I think that an intricate and detailed spartan undersuit and a magnum would do the trick. The halo 4 undersuits are the most detailed, but also the most iconic. Sewing isn't incredibly expensive, why not give it a shot?

it could be kinda hard to do spartans are known for their armor, if your not really looking for full armor you could always do the halo 5 desert master chief cloak helmet and forearms. or you could do a helmet arms and shins and wear like a poncho, i think someone did something similar on here. if you dont have your heart fixed on a spartan you could do "off duty" ODST just get a t-shirt with odst and unsc on it a soft military cap your thigh holster and black cargo or urban cammo pants, or you could always do a marine. thats just my two cents

it could be kinda hard to do spartans are known for their armor, if your not really looking for full armor you could always do the halo 5 desert master chief cloak helmet and forearms. or you could do a helmet arms and shins and wear like a poncho, i think someone did something similar on here. if you dont have your heart fixed on a spartan you could do "off duty" ODST just get a t-shirt with odst and unsc on it a soft military cap your thigh holster and black cargo or urban cammo pants, or you could always do a marine. thats just my two cents

Lot of good options here, and in the previous posts. :) The Halo 4 undersuit is an option, like what Majestic was first shown wearing in Spartan Ops. Or the Master Chief cloak. I have the gloves and helmet from my Noble 6 build.

I just saw this thread with the Disguise Halo 4 Helmet:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=45735

Maybe I'll snag that and do the cloak one?

Got the Disguise Halo 4 Helmet. THIS THING IS AWESOME. :D

Visor is impressive, even without the honeycomb pattern. Needs some additional foam to fit right, and i may have to pop it in the oven and squeeze the sides together a bit so that the helmet looks a bit taller and more accurate.

Other than that though I'm extremely happy with it, especially considering it was $30. Now to find some cloak material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back