Clayton Carmine Helm build

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Awesome

Jr Member
Allrighty, this is my second build, my first being Master Chief's armor. As you may have read from the title of the thread, I'm building Clayton Carmine helmet. Now couple of things before I get to the pics: I'm building this thing at school on my art lessons, which I have on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Secondly, I'm not building the whole suit as I'm going to give this helmet as a Christmas present for my friend, so I'm having a deadline. I'm going to update this thread on Fridays, so you can see how much process I've made during a week. Okay, I guess that does it for intruduction, here's some pics:

This is what it looked like couple of weeks ago:
Kuva0195.jpg

And this is what it looked like on last Friday:
Kuva0196.jpg

No, it's not so much progress as it could be if I did it at home, but I have 3 hours 45 minutes art during a school week, and I don't have Pepakura at school, so assembly is slower than it would be if I did it at home. But I'm able to fiberglass it indoors at school so that's a good thing.
But I guess that does it. Next update will be on next Friday. Until then, leave a comment and tell me what you think. See ya.

Ok, I missed one update, you know how it goes, you build for what seems like 5 minutes and then, bam, the whole lesson is over. And I didn't get to build much during this week, as we watched an art film during the lessons (stupid crappy Finnish art films -.-). But anyways, here's a picture of the state of my helmet:

Kuva0202.jpg

I'm past halfway, but it will take some time, as building without pepakura viewer is pretty hard. But slow and steady wins the race, right? Right...?
Ok, that does it for now, next update will be on next Friday. Until then, leave a comment and tell me what you think. See ya.

you're doing the worst part right now, cutting and gluing blows. but it is all worth it in the end! especially when people see it and there jaws hit the floor

I'm also working on a clayton carmine helm.. im still cutting and glueing after 3 days..just now getting to the back of it..
if you would like, i could post a pic of it.i just got it done today..
003-2.jpg

Thanks to all of you guys for your comments! And thanks for the ref pic, that's helpful man!
Ok, so I've been all quiet for couple of weeks, as we had this thing we have at high schools in Finland called test week (it's a period of a period when we have a lot of tests... as if you guys couldn't tell it by the name), and so I didn't have any art. But today I had first lesson of art of this period, and I continued where I left off. I did manage to build it quite a bit:

Kuva0212-1.jpg

Ok, so as you may be able to see, I don't have a lot more to work on. I guess I'll have it finished during this week. After that, I'll probably have an access to a place at the school where I'm able to fiberglass it also. Maybe I can also glass my Chief's suit there also... We'll see.
But that's the end of this update, thanks for commenting although I was silent for quite some time. And as always, comment this build and tell me what you think. See ya.

Okay, so I finally completed this helm! It's picture time!

(please ignore the photobomber)
Kuva0216_zpseb53264d.jpg

Kuva0217_zps8d8ebdff.jpg

Kuva0218_zps94ea430a.jpg

Kuva0219_zpsed2a3104.jpg

And now that I've finished building it, let me say that building that helmet was effin' horrible. Not only 'cause I didn't have Pepakura viewer to back me up, but also because this helm has poop ton of details. But now I have built it, I'm happy with it. It took me a bit longer to finish than I thought, but it doesn't matter, I'll just finish it after Christmas. I got a permission to resin it at my school, so no problem there. Well, I guess that sums it up for now.
That's the end of this update, if you have a question/comment shoot it to me and tell me what you think. See ya.

the helmet turned out great..you did a good job doing it without pepakura viewer...like to see it when it's resin'd. i've been working on my brother's girlfriend little boy a odst helmet for christmas..
so i havent had time to resin'd my carmine helmet..but great job and keep up the good work..

Nice pep, Johnathan. How many peps have you done beforehand? Also, what else do you plan to do with this? I would certainly hope you plan to harden and bondo it.

Thanks guys! mikieb2384, great to hear you are putting so much thought to your present, I'm sure any boy would love to have and ODST as an present. Good luck to you! SergantTinkers, yes, I am planning on resining and bondoing the helmet, but after the holidays, as I'm building it at my school. It will be a Christmas present for a friend of mine. And I've built Chief's suit and partially resined it.
Thanks for commenting and have a merry Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back