Cleveland Gaming Classic Info and Roll Call: September 22 - 24, 2023

NobleofDeath16

Division PR and RCO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S511
Description: The 405th Midwest has been requested to appear at the Cleveland Gaming Classic, held at the IX Center in Cleveland, Ohio!

"Our event began over 10 years ago through a shared passion of gaming amongst a small group of friends in a Cleveland basement. Today, the Cleveland Gaming Classic has grown into something much larger, but still stays rooted in a passion for everything gaming and more! And if you haven't been to CGC before, there is something truly for everyone - and it's great for kids! Whether you're into video games, toys, collectibles, cosplay, competing in tournaments, card games, comics, tabletop games, meeting legendary icons, nostalgia and more - we've got it all. This September 22 - 24, 2023, we are thrilled to be back at the the I-X Center! This allows us to expand our content greater than ever before. Additionally, we take great pride in giving back to our community here in Cleveland. Since 2020 we've raised over $13,000 for United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Cleveland. We'll see you this September 22 - 24, 2023 at the IX Center for Ohio's largest convention for a weekend of everything gaming and more!"

Date: September 22nd, 2023 through September 24th, 2023, (9/22/2023 - 9/24/2023)

Location: International Exposition Center, 1 I-X Center Dr, Cleveland, OH 44135 (Google Maps)

Event Website: www.gamecleveland.com
Local Hotels:
With this location being right next to an airport, there is a lot of lodging options. these are options with breakfast included and ascending in proximity to venue.

- Holiday Inn Express, Cleveland Airport - Brookpark, an IHG Property
- Crown Plaza Cleveland Airport, an IHG Hotel
- Hampton Inn North Olmsted Cleveland Airport

Final Thoughts: The venue is offering a secured changing area, free entry, for members and discounted entry for handlers, as well as food, water, parking, and recognition opportunities. There is no cap on attendance requested.

Confirmed "Boots on Ground":

- NobleofDeath16
- Benton188
- Cadet
- Wayward Flood
- N8TEBB
- marinesniper
- Fallen
- Negativecacti
- CrimsonViper97
- Rosebud
- CoS Spartan058
- Fallen
- Negativecacti
- OFiveTwo
- JTF4
- SoleofDeath

Badge Purchase: HERE

Load In:
10am to 4PM Friday

Show Times and Shift Sign Up:

Friday:
Preview Party - 6pm to 10pm (Set Up AND Hype Train)
Saturday: 10AM to 6PM - (6PM to 10PM After Party)
Sunday: 10AM to 4PM

Dinner Plans: TBD

Photoshoot:
I have been told as of 4/7 the event will supply us with a dedicated photographer for the duration of the event. I will need to plan to have someone scout the venue at some point for a good shoot location.

Photographer Information: TBD

405th Supplied Hotel Information:

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cleveland Airport West​

25105 Country Club Blvd, North Olmsted, Ohio 44070
+1-440-734-4477

Booth Format:

1693116661376.png

There will also be a "UNFRIGGENBELIEVABLE" guest making a appearance who has requested to be near us. ;)

Last edited:
So is it like a normal con or something like hcs?
Looking at their Website (FAQ | Cleveland Gaming Classic) it sounds to be like a "normal" con, just with a heavy focus on Video Gaming:

What's there to do there?
Are you kidding me? An onsite arcade, pinball, special guests, main stage programs, kids' programs, photo opps, tournaments, collectibles, massive vendor expo, toys, comics, crafts, cosplay & so much more!

only 3 hours away from me... might be able to come for a day. free entry and parking is a big plus. tentative for now, have to make sure i can get time off work etc.

It's just a stones throw away for me, and I have been looking for an excuse to go check it out for the last couple years. Yeah, count me in as well. Though I may only be a Sat-Sun appearance due to work.

Put me down as boots on ground! I will be there on the saturday probably around 11. probably just the one day but ill keep you posted if that changes =D

I would like to be put down as tentative as well. Do I have to purchase a ticket or will I be allowed to go as a member of the 405th?

put me on the books for this i put in my vaction time and told them i would be out of town and could not be reached so i will be there this time. im excited..
edit: already have my room paid for cant wait.

Last edited:
Good afternoon, folks! I went over some details with the event runner this afternoon; and they are very excited to have us. Here are the details:

I have been told the event runner today we are going to also have hotels made available to use, three rooms near the venue. Assuming double bed rooms at this time.

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cleveland Airport West​

25105 Country Club Blvd, North Olmsted, Ohio 44070
+1-440-734-4477

Badges will be provided but number must be finalized three weeks before the event, that way no one has to out of pocket this trip

Benton188 the event runner has taken specific interest in your Ghost appearing and told me ver batim "Tell me what you need to make it happen and we'll do it"

They are requesting we set up Friday between 10am to 4PM as first day attendance will be more of a "private showing" and really our time to also get out there and enjoy the show content too undisturbed by large numbers. between 2000, 2500 attendance expected that day

6PM is our booth closure times otherwise for Saturday and then afterparty at a seperate area of the venue. Our booth size as well will be our largest alternate option in this case, the 40" by 10"

uqXqQ1qX6F9cMvPQsHW0O-rME_6uddIUIo40VDvinrc89PY=nw.png

There will also be a "UNFRIGGENBELIEVABLE" guest making a appearance who has requested to be near us. ;)

I hope this helps many members make the decision to come out for this event in support of the 405th!

put me on the books for this i put in my vaction time and told them i would be out of town and could not be reached so i will be there this time. im excited..
edit: already have my room paid for cant wait.
I recommend looking into refunding your room as the venue will supply rooming as of todays conversation.

It's just a stones throw away for me, and I have been looking for an excuse to go check it out for the last couple years. Yeah, count me in as well. Though I may only be a Sat-Sun appearance due to work.
This is entirely fine as Friday is a very small size compared to the rest of the event

Show runner wants the Ghost? I'll see to it that it gets there. Should still have the truck by then, if not I'll let you know so we can figure something out.

Description: The 405th Midwest has been requested to appear at the Cleveland Gaming Classic, held at the IX Center in Cleveland, Ohio!

"Our event began over 10 years ago through a shared passion of gaming amongst a small group of friends in a Cleveland basement. Today, the Cleveland Gaming Classic has grown into something much larger, but still stays rooted in a passion for everything gaming and more! And if you haven't been to CGC before, there is something truly for everyone - and it's great for kids! Whether you're into video games, toys, collectibles, cosplay, competing in tournaments, card games, comics, tabletop games, meeting legendary icons, nostalgia and more - we've got it all. This September 22 - 24, 2023, we are thrilled to be back at the the I-X Center! This allows us to expand our content greater than ever before. Additionally, we take great pride in giving back to our community here in Cleveland. Since 2020 we've raised over $13,000 for United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Cleveland. We'll see you this September 22 - 24, 2023 at the IX Center for Ohio's largest convention for a weekend of everything gaming and more!"

Date: September 22nd, 2023 through September 24th, 2023, (9/22/2023 - 9/24/2023)

Location: International Exposition Center, 1 I-X Center Dr, Cleveland, OH 44135 (Google Maps)

Event Website: www.gamecleveland.com
Local Hotels:
With this location being right next to an airport, there is a lot of lodging options. these are options with breakfast included and ascending in proximity to venue.

- Holiday Inn Express, Cleveland Airport - Brookpark, an IHG Property
- Crown Plaza Cleveland Airport, an IHG Hotel
- Hampton Inn North Olmsted Cleveland Airport

Final Thoughts: The venue is offering a secured changing area, free entry, for members and discounted entry for handlers, as well as food, water, parking, and recognition opportunities. There is no cap on attendance requested.

Confirmed "Boots on Ground":

- NobleofDeath16
- Benton188
- Cadet
- Wayward Flood
- N8TEBB
- marinesniper

Tentative Responses/Past Attendees:

- Fallen
- Negativecacti
- SoleofDeath
- SpartanSweed

Badge Purchase: HERE

Load In:
10am to 4PM Friday

Show Times:

Friday:
Preview Party - 6pm to 10pm (Set Up AND Hype Train)
Saturday: 10AM to 6PM - (6PM to 10PM After Party)
Sunday: 10AM to 4PM

Dinner Plans: TBD

Photoshoot:
I have been told as of 4/7 the event will supply us with a dedicated photographer for the duration of the event. I will need to plan to have someone scout the venue at some point for a good shoot location.

Photographer Information: TBD

"
put me down as tentative

I would like to be put down as tentative as well. Do I have to purchase a ticket or will I be allowed to go as a member of the 405th?
Once you are an official member of the Midwest Regiment, your ticket will be covered. Spidermonkey60 can provide more details regarding your 50 posts/90 day status

This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back