Clone Trooper Unfolds

Status
Not open for further replies.

H1rg0n

OK....been playing around with Pepakura Designer 3 now for about 2 weeks.....trying to teach myself how to unfold...with some success and alot of frustration.

Anyway....i found some clone trooper files on 4shared and downloaded them. After about 15 hours, 3 XLarge Coffee and 2 Rockstars.... i have the thighs unfolded. The reason for the length of time is that both thighs are in one file...

PLEASE NOTE - The modelling was not done by me just the unfolding. If someone knows who made these models please let me know so i can give proper credit to the builder.

These were pepped at 500mm (20 inches) high on letter paper so anyone that size or smaller should have no problem resizing.....if your taller than that may i suggest a chewbacca costume :lol

Here is the link.....

http://www.4shared.com/file/152100975/e747217c/CT-Thighs_H1rg0n_Unfold.html

Let me know what you think.

It's really good I can see how you spent a while on it but I found a couple of LITTLE TINY pieces but after you fix those that is a great unfold.

Looks really good but be sure to check the little places on the parts like if you look at the bottom of the part on Page 2 there is a piece of it intersecting with another and I have a red line where to cut to fix it at if that helps you. I unfolded these in about 2 hours with a hour on each one and the person who did the 3d Modelling is on the SciFi3D site but I cannot remember the name.

2qlrbs7.jpg

The Wasp said:
It's really good I can see how you spent a while on it but I found a couple of LITTLE TINY pieces but after you fix those that is a great unfold.

Found them and added them to thier respective pieces.....thanks...eyes get stupid after a couple hours with this program....

Nintendude said:
Looks really good but be sure to check the little places on the parts like if you look at the bottom of the part on Page 2 there is a piece of it intersecting with another and I have a red line where to cut to fix it at if that helps you. I unfolded these in about 2 hours with a hour on each one and the person who did the 3d Modelling is on the SciFi3D site but I cannot remember the name.

2qlrbs7.jpg

Thanks for the tips...will go in and adjustas needed. Now i just need to figure out how to build 3d models and i am set.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice work, the only issue i have with it is the very top of the model. the top rim says there needs to be something like 10 different angled folds in a very tight area. is there any possible way to fix that? (sorry i cant get pictures)

The very top edge REALLY doesnt need all those folds. Just treat it as a flat edge and it will look just as good. I do not have the skill or the program to actually change the mesh of the model.....just working with what i have.

Was this by Skip or Vagabond?

I have seen the images of Skip's Ep2 and Ep3 clone helmets, there are minor differences in the armor, with differnt helmets. I am working on one of Vagabonds helmets and there are about a million gores to be cut, some of the parts make no sense to me since I was unable to figure out how to print it at a larger size, thus the gores intersect each other and make a mess of black lines. But, this is all practice for me. I would like to see how your clone comes out, I work on an ABS suit weekly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back