Status
Not open for further replies.

SecretJedi0321

I have this Dark Trooper Helmet 3D model that needs to manually unfolded in Pepakura so it can be assembled with EVA foam. The Auto-Unfold creates some really weird shapes. I'm new to Pepakura and cosplay in general. Could I get some help? I've attached a photo below and can attach the model later.

Dark Trooper SS.png

Idk if there's a better way to do this, but what I do for stuff like this is use the auto-unfold feature and then the join/split tool to break the weird pieces up into more manageable pieces. I use armorsmith rather than pepakura designer but the process is probably basically the same. Again, I don't know if there is a better way to do this- that's just what I do.

It's also helpful to arrange the pieces so that the ones that connect are generally on the same page as much as possible, so your not digging through the pages looking for your next piece.

Good luck with your build. This helmet looks pretty challenging!

FalseShepherd summed it up pretty good. There is really no other way to do it except for manual labor. The auto unfold just converts the model into a 2d shape. The template peices themselves arent usually clean and have to be done in person. There are some good unfolding videos online and I think herosworkshop did a decent tutorial on how to unfold pepakura for foam. If you dont find any luck doing it yourself, I might be able to look at in in the next few days and help, but remember you cant save the file unless you bought a key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back