Combat Knife (wood build)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaze

After seeing tmccarty23's wood build of Thom's knife i was inspired to try my hand at it, and i obviously did not do neeearly as good, its kinda crap but its the first thing i've made like this.
IMG_0003-Copy.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

i'd like to see what you guys think
also i did two small things, Two of the Six Sage Medallions from The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, mainly cause im a dork
IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0003-Copy.jpg
    IMG_0003-Copy.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 77
It's far from crap mate. It looks really good and has nice detail. Once things are smoothed out and you add color, it will look really awesome.

I agree, don't sell yourself short here, this being your first attempt especially. It is far from crap. It is looking very great so far. Are you using Poplar? I can't wait to see more on this on, just remember, sanding is your best friend. :)

What are your plans for this one?

PS- After reading your first sentence, I thought I might throw this on here, but I am tmccarty23 (obviously lol) and my name is Thom. One and the same. :)

Anyway, good luck and can't wait to see more.

Also wanted to say that your medallions look awesome. I am a huge Zelda fan. I would say though, that if they are made of wood too, you might want to sand them some more before applying more paint, make sure they are super smooth. That is, unless you are going for an 'ancient coin' look. If that's the case, just ignore this, lol.

I agree with tmccarty23, Doctor Napkin and the others. For your first wood build it a very good job.

I',m honestly a bit surprised you guys thing this is good, thank you for your input and such ^^.
@tmccarty23 Its actually balsa, and about the Thom thing, that explains a bit, but im a wee bit of a moron and had assumed you were talking about Thom-293 XD which made sense to me but of well, my mistake. The medallions were meant to look a bit torn up, i sanded the pain alot in some places then left some raised ridges. also the only reason its got and shine is cause i coated it in a gell glue, mostly for comfort, the paint i used it really rough, and this makes it more enjoyable to actually handle the coins, considering the other fact that the paint is water soluble, it also keeps my hands the right color XD

@firevoid the blade is one piece with everything else glued to it.

again thanks you guys, ill keep you posted with wherever it take the project

Wood is a tricky medium to get right. Mainly because of the grains I would say, and you have pulled it off nicely.

I feel a bit honored that they named a Spartan after me. :D No need to call yourself a moron, I can see how that would be a little confusing.

Ah, good ol' Balsa wood. Very nice and light. Did you use the Balsa for the medallions too? If so, what did you use to put the designs in?

The medallions are balsa also, to put the designs in i used a much thinner piece of balsa, but them out and glued them on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back