Complete Pepakura Viewer for CraftROBO guide/FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for this tut! Got my Silhouette SD yesterday and fiddled with the software for a bit yesterday then got up today and used Pepakura with it. Got an entire helmet cut and scored in about 30 minutes, or about the time it would take me to cut 2 pages by hand :p I would have had no idea how to do it without you guys. Thanks and happy pepping!

I want to thank all of you who have contributed to this thread. I has helped me get it up and running with my SD smoothly!

I have a question, and it is an odd one (in my opinion). Do you need to print the pattern out on cardstock off a regular printer before you can load it into the craftrobo to cut it out?

~James

I have a question, and it is an odd one (in my opinion). Do you need to print the pattern out on cardstock off a regular printer before you can load it into the craftrobo to cut it out?

~James
Actually, you don't. But if you don't, there's no way to know how to fold, which piece is which, etc.

I'm having an interesting problem. On several of my pages, the majority of the pieces will cut out just fine. However, as it gets closer to the end of the sheet that's not being fed in, it seems as though the knife will travel a little too far. So, far large pieces, the end that's being fed into the cutter will be ok, but the other end will have an extra small bit of paper left on it. Is this normal? I could understand it if the whole piece was slightly off, but not that one end.

I'm having an interesting problem. On several of my pages, the majority of the pieces will cut out just fine. However, as it gets closer to the end of the sheet that's not being fed in, it seems as though the knife will travel a little too far. So, far large pieces, the end that's being fed into the cutter will be ok, but the other end will have an extra small bit of paper left on it. Is this normal? I could understand it if the whole piece was slightly off, but not that one end.

Check your paper size - the only time I had that happen, I had somehow reset a page to 8.5x11 instead of A4.

I followed the instructions exactly as described in the video.

But it's only off on certain parts. And it's not on every page. Some pages are perfect and others are off on half the page and, very rarely, the whole page is off.

I followed the instructions exactly as described in the video.

But it's only off on certain parts. And it's not on every page. Some pages are perfect and others are off on half the page and, very rarely, the whole page is off.

Align the top right corner of the cardstock with the top right corner of the carrier sheet.

That was aligned.

But I think I found the problem. I was lining the left edge of the carrier sheet with the very far left raised spot, instead of one of the smaller marks on the inside of that. I've cut several sheets since adjusting that and they have all been absolutely perfect. Maybe the far right roller wasn't able to keep a good grip on or or something.

Ok I have a question for my craft robo I followed the video perfect and everything and I installed the controller and iv lined up to the carrier sheet but when I go to cut it is saying its not reading my registration marks also when I go to cut and switch over to craftrobo from printer its not there but it will take me to the controller and I set it up rite and calibrate it to the rite position and its still coming up as a error and won't cut

Ok I have a question for my craft robo I followed the video perfect and everything and I installed the controller and iv lined up to the carrier sheet but when I go to cut it is saying its not reading my registration marks also when I go to cut and switch over to craftrobo from printer its not there but it will take me to the controller and I set it up rite and calibrate it to the rite position and its still coming up as a error and won't cut

Did you try moving the page to cover up the registration marks on the top-right corner?

Yes another thing I'm noticing is I got it plugged into the usb and its plugged in and it works but when I go to print setting and change from my printer to craft robo there is no option for it and a notification will POP up and tell me its not printing but go ahead and cut any ways and then the controller comes up and it walks thru like 5-6 steps on using it and I go thru the steps and click cut and it will run it in and read the registration marks and go back to normal position and error 208 pops up saying it can't read the registration and i think iv tried about everything iv tried printing out in landscape and portrait form iv tried positioning the blade over the green spots and it still won't register

sounds to me like you need to reinstall the driver for the craftrobo. Have you instaled the programs that came on the disk with the craftrobo? Try doing that. As far as the registration marks, try aligning the top of the page to the edge of the carrier sheet. That works wonders for me.

Hey guys. I'm having some problems with the Sillhouette SD. I installed everything correctly. Manually positioned the blade to read the registration marks and then I press the cut button. A new window pops up saying it is ready to cut. I press OK, but then it doesnt cut anything and it keeps popping back up everything minute or so and it wont cut anything. Thank you Charlieiscool12 and Daflea for helping me get this far.

Edit: Never mind I went on YouTube and looked it up and I found the problem. When Adding the printer I set the port to LPT1 when it is supposed to be one of the unused USB ports. Now it works like a charm. This is the link for the video here

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok ubersolidate I tried that on the carrier sheet and I even went to heek squad and they installed it for me and everything seemed rite there I didn't bring my craft robo up there but I made sure it got deleted correctly and reinstalled correctly and it seemed to work fine there but I get home and hook up the cr and go they the steps and it keeps telling me " registration mark reading failure. Please reload medium.[code =208]" I really tought I had it this time. Anybody else ever have this problem I re printed out the first page a few times thinking it might even be my printer but idk the registration marks are there but its just not reading them and even if I just try to cut it says "cannot read the registration marks. The print and cut position may not line up cut anyway." And it does not even try to read reg marks

Make sure you have the carrier sheet centered between the two white rollers. There should be a line on the left side of the left roller that you want to line the edge of your carrier sheet up with.

ok for some weird reason i re re re re went over everthing and got all the way threw it and it started cutting and i was so stoked that i finally got it to cut but its not reading the regristration marks its printing way off and it wont read the regristration marks properly iv tried fudging with them and nothing iv tried moving the carrier around and even repositioning the cardstock on the carrier to the left and right and at a angle and its not reading them but it will cut so im getting closer any sugestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back