Complete Reach Recon Build-Duckster18 Official

Status
Not open for further replies.
right now the helmet is sitting in pieces on my desk at home. I have suspended my build until Christmas so i can concentrate on my finals for the semester. I'm looking to get everything put together by the end of my break. If I do well in the pep work, I could have everything resined by then too. The first helmet got warped cause I had very few supplies. I used regular glue stick to hold it together(noob right?).

To keep you guys busy for a little while, I purchased a pair of motocross gloves that look REALLY good as long as i cover up the FOX logo on them, as well as a really nice/cheap undersuit. Here they are.

Gloves
apparel-fox-racing-off-road-gloves-youth-boys-dirtpaw-race-black.jpg

Suit
41Z2ih8rmbL_SS400_.jpg

Thank you Shrubpig for telling me how to post the pictures properly!:)

Gonna slush the inside of my armor with Smooth Cast 320. Can i use other casting resins? i went to A.C Moore and theres a ton of them, way cheaper too. Just curious. Slush casting the inside.

Update: The Motorcycle gloves came the other day and they look EXACTLY like the game gloves. Hoping to get everything pepped over Christmas break.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! I haven't posted in awhile due to finals and the holidays. Most of my Christmas list was stuff i needed for my build so here come the photos!

I don't have the pep files for the boots, but these boots are gorgeous!
1228111941a.jpg
[/IMG]
Visor. I know it's not tinted but it's still sick.
1228111942.jpg
[/IMG]
I am most proud of the gloves. They're for motocross but they look SO much like the in game ones.
1228111944.jpg
[/IMG]
Helmet lining. I wanted some kind of padding inside the helmet and this was cheap. I'll cut off the unneeded parts so it can fit.
1228111943.jpg
[/IMG]
Compression leggings. I'm also gonna need these for running outside!
1228111941.jpg
[/IMG]
GLOVES IN ACTION!
1228111950.jpg
[/IMG]
These boots are sick.period.
1228111950a.jpg
[/IMG]
Me in the leggings and under armor.
1228111952.jpg
[/IMG]
FULL undersuit. merced out.
1228111949.jpg
[/IMG]
I also got this shirt for Christmas!
1228111954.jpg
[/IMG]
AND because You don't f*** with Spartans..:)
1228111954a.jpg
[/IMG]

The pep work on my new helmet is about half way done. I've been slacking badly due to the holidays. I want to get this completed for COMIC-CON NYC on October 11th, so I have AWHILE. Patience is a virtue, so I will work on my build whenever I have off from school. Gotta get good grades. BTW I'm a Computer Graphics Major if you guys didn't know already. Thanks for following and wake me when you need me.

So far your pep looks pretty good. And your undersuit is pretty nifty, lol. I'm picking up one of the pressure suits myself as an undersuit for my Mk VI.

Have any updates? I'd love to see this suit get finished.

Rex out.

right now I'm working on the handplates since they are the smallest things to do out of all the pep work. One is half way done. Photos will follow shortly. I'm trying to work on three pep jobs all at the same time, so three projects are in process(both handplates and the helmet re-do).

HEY everybody! i started up shop again! Today i finished one of the handplates and did some work on the helmet. Tell me how the pep looks!

0108121708.jpg

0108121708a.jpg

0108121709.jpg

0108121709a.jpg

Hey everyone. I wanted to get more work done this break than i got done but oh well. I at least DID some work. Now, Idk what's up with me and helmets but we dont mix. My first helmet was WAAAYYYY to small to even fit my head. The second i scaled MUCH larger than the first(I think it was 1.53, not sure) The second helmet is almost exactly the size of my head. I even followed the scaling tutorial to a "T". I had to cut ALOT of the bottom out JUST to fit my massive noodle. My head fits perfectly inside now.the recon helmet seems to be oddly shaped compared to others though. It's opening is actually SMALLER than the size of the head the helmet can contain. The only part of the helmet i removed was the bottom, yet my head now can fit inside. oh well. Idk if i should do another one, scale it a lot larger again or just see how this one plays out and redo parts with bondo. Gimme some hints.

0109122340.jpg

0112120042c.jpg

0112120042b.jpg

0112120042a.jpg

0112120042.jpg

Hey guys. I haven't posted in awhile cause I'm back at school so project is suspended yet again. I did get alot accomplished. Both handplates are finished as is the helmet. I can't really work on the suit during school time so no updates on it prolly until March. I also wanted to know if i should redo the helmet? it looks kinda small in these pics, yet it does fit my head snuggly. idk ive done the helmet twice and I may just go with a mk v. variant instead if this one doesnt get the job done. Happy SLAYINGS!

awesome job man!!
im working on the same helm.. im looking for the attachments, so if u know where can i find them, let me know plz :)

I actually don't. I wasn't gonna use the attachments cause it doesnt make much of a difference. If i will, then i will prolly just use a few pieaces of whatever is lying around an eye ball the design. good luck with the helmet. I may have to do a third one. As you can see, i had to vastly alter the opening of my helmet. my head fits snuggly in the helmet and idk if that's good or bad since no one has told me so and i haven't found anything saying otherwise. I did follow the many scale tutorials exactly but the helmet was WAAAAAYYYY to small the first time. luckily the handplates are nice and im hoping the rest will be okay.

I would suggest making the helmet a tad bigger becuz you will have to have room for the visor and the padding.
The same same thing happened on my hayabusa helmet a few months back. Then I had to remake it.

i most likely will make a third one but its gotta so time consuming, I'm going to move onto another section of the armor(either forearms, thighs or knees) The last thing im going to do is the chest because it's obviously the most elaborate piece i will work on.

WOAH! I haven't realized how long I've been offline since I just logged in. Sorry I haven't been on in awhile. I'm being absolutely hammered by school projects. I have decided that I have to make ANOTHER helmet(third times the charm). Also, I'm not going to follow the scale tutorials. THEY DON'T WORK. My peps are either too big or too small. I figure i can just measure myself when i get home for spring break and reprint all the peps. It's expensive but I have 2 reams of paper left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back