Cortana's New Look, With Other Halo 4 News

Status
Not open for further replies.
a crying shame that i missed this mag. might have been worth a read of the article. i think the elites do look badarse, and i know i'm gonna be shot down for saying it, but i like cortana looking just that little bit older. she kinda looked late teeny in the original release back when i was 21, and has changed vastly since then in every iteration of the halo games. now 10 years on i like that she's aged with me. ironically, she's the only one that technically shouldn't be aging :D ...

I love the new suit on Master Chief and while, at first, I didnt like the new Cortana all that much, it has really grown on me! Seeing the close up shots of her face, she looks fantastic! To me, it always looked like her nose/nostrils was/were getting bigger/fatter throughout Halo 1-3. She looks amazing now. Much more human, but in a good way!

I do NOT like the "health bar." I was hoping they would keep it the way they had it like in Halo: Reach, or Halo: CE. Remember the little boxes under the energy shield? If you wanted to get healed, go and find a health pack. Halo 2-3 (and now, apparently Halo 4) you only have an energy shield. Personally I like to see how much I'm actually getting hurt instead of having an imaginary health bar waiting for my shield to recharge.

Spartan points? What the heck is up with that?? What happened to good 'ol "I kill someone I get 1 point?" I could be wrong, but it is to my understanding that you get a certain amount of points for killing in a certain way or doing some sort of additional task while in the process of killing someone.

I also heard that they might take out the Magnum??? :$ What kind of blasphemy is this??? Man, I nearly won big event, Halo: CE Tournaments just using the Magnum when I was 10~ish y/o, So yeah, that's my .... wow... screw 2 cents, that's at least $34.30 worth. =P

Just thought I should add that Official XBox Magazine UK have done a 10 page blowout on Halo 4, which includes this double spread, which happens to have a TON of details and little tid bits about the suit, for example, underneath the armoured boot, there's a ninja tabi split in the toes for agility! There's also other interesting things, such as there not being finger guards on the trigger finger. Perfectionists will love it.(Sorry for the poor quality photo)

Chief10.jpg

got a new for u all. it looks like Cartana is tell chief to get the **** out off this ship NOW. and her is missing a leg o_O
RwKe2ddd.jpg

i don't know about you guys but i think the old cortana wasn't all that nice to look at and SLOWLY got better and better but i think so far the halo 4 version looks d amn sexy. and i personaly like the new hair a lot better. though the pattern appears to be overly complicated and to busy to look at (it still has a nice flowing pattern though) i hope they can continue to keep her personality the same though. oh and last thing
http://www.nowgamer.com/siteimage/scale/0/0/325452.png
decent back shot of cortana

(and the option to customize the chief like you could Noble Six)

Why the hell would you want to customize the chief?You could never customize characters in trilogy games and you never will beacuse thats what he looks like,if he was like Noble 6 that would be different since no one actualy knows what N6 looked like which is why you can customize him.The design of the armor isnt awful,its actualy alot better since its more flexible then the original.Function over form is always better in my oppinion.Dont realy have a problem with the waist since thats what a human waist actualy looks like from this angle.

P.S.-The lead designer whos working on halo 4 also worked on MGS,so thats probably why most of the designs look like this.

Because I'd slap the MkVI helmet back on him if I could customize him. I think the armor IS awful, and that I'd rather have better coverage than mobility. If his nano suit is so strong, he'd not use plate armor at all, so it can't be THAT strong if his vitals are still protected with plates. I'm glad you like it, but I personally diagree.

And as to the human waist, maybe it IS the MGS influence you're talking about. It CAN look like that, but I never really imagined a 400lbs cyborg (without armor) looking that lithe. Either way it's not what is possible, but the effect it has on his appearance that bothers me, John's always been my ton and a half bulky cyborg beefmonster.

That would be funny if they had a naked john doing sideflips through a covenant ship. Anyways, we all have our opinions, you have yours, I have mine, and that's fine with me.

P.S.-The lead designer whos working on halo 4 also worked on MGS,so thats probably why most of the designs look like this.

Kenneth Scott is the art director, he's been at id software working on Quake 3 Arena, Doom 3 and Rage; and he also has a weak spot for japanese cyborg characters. Back when the beta testing for Mudbox has started I've seen a lot of his personal work that was inspired by various manga related action figures and sculptures.

As for thickness and body mass, look at NBA players. Their height is similar to that of a Spartan and they're quite strong and muscular but at that size it still looks like they're thin.

Or there's the french swimming monster Alain Bernard...
Alain+Bernard+10th+FINA+World+Swimming+Championships+XDY4QDP9qzDl.jpg

ALeqM5glnPEGwDGq5g0X7-swVvqNP_94Cw

517872bc-f786-11dc-bf64-b0f4d5522a1d.jpg

That is how the effects human growth hormones look like.

Because I'd slap the MkVI helmet back on him if I could customize him. I think the armor IS awful, and that I'd rather have better coverage than mobility. If his nano suit is so strong, he'd not use plate armor at all, so it can't be THAT strong if his vitals are still protected with plates. I'm glad you like it, but I personally diagree.

And as to the human waist, maybe it IS the MGS influence you're talking about. It CAN look like that, but I never really imagined a 400lbs cyborg (without armor) looking that lithe. Either way it's not what is possible, but the effect it has on his appearance that bothers me, John's always been my ton and a half bulky cyborg beefmonster.

That would be funny if they had a naked john doing sideflips through a covenant ship. Anyways, we all have our opinions, you have yours, I have mine, and that's fine with me.

Actualy,you know what would be better?If they made it possible to switch models from Halo 4 MK-VI to Halo 3 MK-VI,like an unlockable extra for finishing the game on legendary.

That would be cool. Heck, I might even buy that skin pack! Force Unleashed had some cool skins for Starkiller.

so i was reading the article about cortana aging in the game and reaching the end of her seven year life span. so... WHAT IF chief found some crazy forerunner machine that could take her computer chip home thing, and make a real deal human body for her, like off of the fifth element or something. then master chief would have his lady :D

so i was reading the article about cortana aging in the game and reaching the end of her seven year life span. so... WHAT IF chief found some crazy forerunner machine that could take her computer chip home thing, and make a real deal human body for her, like off of the fifth element or something. then master chief would have his lady :D

...If the Forerunners were capable of that, then there'd still be some surviving members. Like Javik from ME3.
But, if it were other tech like that of the Precursors or another ancient civilization, then that could be possible.
Cortana fanboys would go nuts for that. No doubt about it.

Why do people still listen to halo4follower? His stories usually end up being exaggerated at best...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back