halo_4_bonus_suit_lg.jpg

H4_RetailSkins__0016_White_Armor_CIO.jpg

these look a lil like ME3 armor
HbtIz.jpg

now i do like the skin
halo_4_bonus_weapon_lg.jpg

gfhjgfjgfkgfity.png

skin1modified.png

Not bad... a couple have questionable designs but all and all they look okay however I’m holding my final call till I see In-Game images of the new armor. But I still want individual piece customization like we had in previous games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note that this game takes place a couple years after halo 3. As it is in the future, humanity is able to make plenty of changes to things alot faster than we can today. Therefore if they would have kept some of the things the same such as armor of elites, grunts, ships and such would you still be complaining about that as well? Complaining about no change rather than change? I agree with people on the most part in other places that they should have kept chiefs armor the same, but maybe updated the graphics of it giving it a better touch overall. 343 is trying to make this game INTERESTING, and enjoyable to play; something new to look upon. Calling out the game before it even comes out for all of its abnormalities is a shame. You never know, when you actually come to play the game this winter you might be surprised and it could come out quite superb.

It's not bad to change, but this looks like a totally different game with "Halo" slapped on the box. There's advancing things forward a few years, and there's going overboard trying to prove you're not bungie. I like being able to change the look of the gun, but it really is trying too hard on the armor. If those are real, the gungnir is the only one that could pass as halo.

I think a bigger complaint is, at least with the several year difference between Reach and H3, there was still a halo "feel" going, which is lost here.

And saying you don't like the look of a skin or design, does not matter if the game is released or not, it's a "looking at" thing, not a "playing it" thing.

Also, what's with the buttplate in hazop?

Lol very true point. Well as i was bored, and decided to try to stick up for this game a bit earlier, i think ill switch sides of the situation lol.
Did they say these were spartan 4's? The armor skin is alright looking, but the armor itself is odd in my eyes... For spartan ops if they would make the missions like older spartan missions that would be cool. If you have the book Halo Evolutions turn to page 155 and read the story "Headhunters", thats how they should make their ops. Its quite intriguing and the story itself is well played out. Those kind of missions would have people going, rather than multiplayer just focused on making your spartan look pretty with perks and playing modern warfare in bulky armor.

Wow. As a loyal fan I will def get the game. But I hope they don't jump off the mark here to try something new. "Otherwise it wouldn't have that halo element". Its as if they have taken a page out of Gundam style anime (with 405th painting styles). Also feel a bit of infinity blade here. They are going back to the beginning with Halo so I hope it still pays homage to the original.

Cortana... yeah she looks good in the pic. But hopefully its a distraction spoiler. Shes all digital. 'That' hair.... isn't.

I absoluetly HATE the crap that they are doing with spreading out the pre-order items.

I suggest that we DEMAND that we get everything in one pre-order!

Anyone got any ideas of how to obtain all of the pre-order bonuses? Without pre-ordering 8 games?

I have a felling it will be similar to how recon was in Reach where it is more like an instant unlock insetd of working for it.

I don't know how dire it is to own all of those patterns, especially the bulls eye one.. If I had to use one of them, it'd probably be Raptor with decent color choices.

Don't know if they were scams or not, but most of the Halo preorder bonuses are available on ebay.

If the armors themselves are also pre-order bonuses, then they can go die in a fire. If everything is just first day unlock, then I won't be sweating it.

I don't like getting into conversations debating how Halo 4 looks because it's still pretty early and there's not a great sum of information to judge. That said, I don't like any of the skins identified to the preceding posts. It looks like the Spartan IV crew have way too much time on their hands if they're bothering with gussying up their armor with such stylistic paint-schemes. The only one that seems functional is the camouflage as shown on the HAZOP, but I don't know where there's a forest that is red and white (I see that it says the colors are customizable so before someone points this out let me say that this observation was an attempt at humor). The spiderman (web) and doppler effect (pulse) styles don't rev my motor.

As far as the armor goes...I've been doing some work fairly recently with translating some of the Reach concept art to 3D models and with what I've seen of the Halo 4 artwork am not really impressed. Again, it's early and there's not a lot to go by, but I haven't got that...this is really neat, feeling from what I've seen so far. One thing I'm noticing from the artwork is that it looks like these guys are wearing crocs or slippers in lieu of boots (again, just trying to be funny).

I'm looking forward to seeing more. I love being a part of the 405th as members here are great at finding these things and posting them on this site (that I check with fair regularity) almost as soon as they hit the web. Keep 'em coming, guys (posting link references is also great to get the whole story).

For every person that leaves the house in a basic shirt and pants, there's 2 morons running around with cargo shorts a hoodie stamped with TapOut and Monster.

The inclusion of these wacky paint schemes is nothing but realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back