Covenant carbine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the compliments guys. I think for my next project, I'll try using some craft sculpting foam and pick up a hot wire device to cut with. That seems like a quicker method, although, if you're on a budget and have a lot of patience, you too can widdle yourself a weapon. I started out with three layers of that foam, but it looks like I'm going to have to add a fourth.

Slowly but surely..

img3139lk7.jpg

img3140ea5.jpg

BE CAREFUL some spray paint melts foam, the stuff you are using. test spray a piece of unused foam 1st

Damien said:
BE CAREFUL some spray paint melts foam, the stuff you are using. test spray a piece of unused foam 1st

Yeah, I would'nt recommend anyone use spray paint on this type of foam, it will eat through this. I'll be trying out a couple different methods of sealant on test pieces of foam before I even think about touching this. I'll let you guys know what I end up using once I get to that point. Thanks for the warning though.

Last edited by a moderator:
any updates on progress?
if you cover it with a smooth thin layer of some kind of wood filler, like a sort of paste that hardens to a woodlike consistency, then spray it, it should work, but avoid any paints with non-water solvents which are quite rare i think if not completely unobtainable... testing on spare foam is excellent advice.

When you finish this up and get ready to paint it, you need to buy some of the color changing paint that changes from purple to green. So for the most part, it's purple, but depending on the angle you look at and the lighting around it, it would change green. That would be the cherry on the top!

Yeah! Irridesent!

Kind like this:
GigabyteED821LC_det2.jpg

Look at the fans. They look purple strait-on, but at a differnt angle they look green.

Sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back