Covenant carbine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its certainly iridescent, i cant see if its pearlescent... pearlescent means has a sort of uneaven density of colour, like a pearl

WookieLord said:
any updates on progress?
if you cover it with a smooth thin layer of some kind of wood filler, like a sort of paste that hardens to a woodlike consistency, then spray it, it should work, but avoid any paints with non-water solvents which are quite rare i think if not completely unobtainable... testing on spare foam is excellent advice.

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll try that on some spare pieces of foam to see how well it works. I've got a couple other projects I'm trying to get done right now too so I have'nt been able to get much more done on it, sorry. I'll have more time hopefully this weekend though.

I'm gonna have to look for some of that iridescent paint too, looks pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
or you can ship it to me and i can spray it with my sprayable resin thats meant form foam and you can sand it down and paint it

link4044 said:
or you can ship it to me and i can spray it with my sprayable resin thats meant form foam and you can sand it down and paint it

would it be possible to ship stuff for painting? like the suit, or would that be too much, (cuz im not that talented in that department)

I think you should a cast a mold for this when you've finished so you can make it outta plastic.
Then, possibly, you sell 'em!

blinkava44 said:
link4044 said:

would it be possible to ship stuff for painting? like the suit, or would that be too much, (cuz im not that talented in that department)

PM me and we can talk about it

I do not get over tho this board much but whe I do I always find a cool
project like this one, Super job
The best way to seal any foam that may melt from spray paint
Use white glue to seal it once its dry it will protect the foam from the paint. and its cheap :)

Spartan 648

brainiac said:
Damien said:
BE CAREFUL some spray paint melts foam, the stuff you are using. test spray a piece of unused foam 1st

Yeah, I would'nt recommend anyone use spray paint on this type of foam, it will eat through this. I'll be trying out a couple different methods of sealant on test pieces of foam before I even think about touching this. I'll let you guys know what I end up using once I get to that point. Thanks for the warning though.

Thanks everyone for the tips and kudos, I was'nt able to spend as much time as I was hoping this weekend to work on this. I did manage to spend a couple hours last night though, it's not much progress, but it's getting there.

To answer your question caboose, this is carved out of sheets of insulation foam made by Dow, I picked it up at a Lowe's hardware store. At the moment I'm just using an exacto knife to cut it. It's a lot like peeling an apple, I just slowly slicing the areas over and over until I get the right shape.

img3146do9.jpg

http://www.alsacorp.com/paints.htm This is where I'll probably be getting my paint from, that site has a ton of cool stuff.

link must be really jealous all these offers to give it to him so he can spray it. pfft. hell probably sell it for 10-15k and say it is hand carved out of foam.which it is.

just kidding

you can trust him he has like over 5000 deals or sometin. and you would know where he lives.

but he has his ar. so watch out. he will pwn your @$$

Link4044 Beat Down brainiac.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back