Covering visor for painting

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwitchMaster

I have my helmet mostly as I like it, but the epoxy putty I put around the visor is noticeably green. I'm wondering what the best way to cover up the visor for repainting would be. I am unable to just use a brush as I'm not good at mixing colors.

I have my helmet mostly as I like it, but the epoxy putty I put around the visor is noticeably green. I'm wondering what the best way to cover up the visor for repainting would be. I am unable to just use a brush as I'm not good at mixing colors.
Assuming you can't remove the visor, the only option I can think of would be painter's tape. Posting a picture of the visor also might be helpful for finding a solution

View attachment 290692Sorry, its not the greatest image, I still have a bit more greenstuff to put on, but thats the gist of it. I'm unable to remove the visor, and the putty was a more last minute thing, this is my first helmet so I'm not used to putting on a visor like this. I'll probably use a few layers of painters tape, I was just wondering if there was anything better. I'm also planning on painting over the rest as there are some bad splotches and I'm probably going to change the white to a silvery gray.

WIN_20200520_18_23_55_Pro.jpg
Sorry, dont think the image worked the first time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back