COVID-19 & Conventions - a special message

Status
Not open for further replies.

serenko3

RXO
Member DIN
S985
In light of what is currently considered a pandemic around the globe and in our own territory, I ask everyone to keep your head held high because we will get through this and soon it will be all a bad memory. In the meantime play it safe by social distancing, by self quarantining if you feel sick, by washing your hands, and by coughing and sneezing into your elbow or into your shirt. Besides all of what was just mentioned be safe, the world can get crazy, you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

I have also decided instead of constantly posting new dates on the forum, the Colonial Regiment will be posting all the up to date information we have on the Colonial Regiment's Twitter. Once things have settled and the conventions have either canceled or rescheduled, we will continue to plan for those conventions on the forums. Have patience with us as well as the convention runners, we are all doing our best in this time of crisis.

All members this would be a good time to stay away and work on your projects. New members I can still help you get rolled into regiment and assist you on a pre-deployment check still if you need it. If there is anything you need from me don’t be afraid to reach out to me or any of our regiment staff.

Stay safe, stay healthy, see you in the summer.

The second wave of convention callecations are starting to come in. We will do our best to keep you up to date on which conventions have cancelled and which have re-scheduled. So far we know that Sci-Fi Valley and Momento Con have been postponed until 2021 due to virus concerns. Many others are following suit. Check Colonial's twitter and Instagram for up to date information.

I also want to thank Dirtdives for keeping the con lists, especially this year with all the cancellations and rescheduling!

You are very welcome. Really not much has changed for a few moths now. Nor will they change for several more. The longer the “stay at home“ order continues, the later cons will get postponed ti or canceled altogether. As I said I will update the list as more information becomes available.

on a side personal note, I was furloughed back in mid March and just yesterday was informed that my unemployment was cleared and I will begin to see some money come my way. 8 weeks of being in the phone. 8 weeks of hours upon hours a day trying to get through to speak to a representative. 8 weeks of not knowing what was going on. 8 weeks of worrying about my family’s well being and me not being able to provide for them. 8 very long weeks......and I’m sorry to say that even with all that time I have not touched any prop or build towards its completion. I have however just about finished my wife’s “Honey-do -list”. Stuff that I have been putting off for the longest time. Now I had no excuse not to do it. The house is looking better than ever now, and she is very happy. Happy wife=happy life.

Everyone, please be safe and healthy. God bless you and protect you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back