Cqb Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
welp for everyone awaiting progress so far, here they be!!!
chest plate
IMG_0003.jpg

knife coming tommorow
a shoulder plate
IMG_0004.jpg

bottom of front of torso
IMG_0005.jpg

top of front torso
IMG_0006.jpg

and my pride so far
IMG_0007.jpg

i modded F/S 1st gen. torso. i need still to do some sanding on everything, these are all just primer coats
and the detail foam board peices some still need to be mounted. i plan on using the 2nd gen. F/S Ab plate

well tommorow will be another day and more will come in following days. Ty to my freind from the 501st OldTimer
for helping me out with sanding and getting ALOT done tonight

dude you have alot of sanding ahead of you i wish you the best of luck and god speed like 100 grit speed lol. like the back piece alot

thanks man ^^ it would have been alot cleaner but, i ran out of bondo and spot putty, but i had one left in the house so i could have gotten that. but im also short on cash so i cant get any more bondo till tomorow/ this weekend otherwise alot of those cracks would be filled in or alot smoother. we also started running low on sand paper and time so we were just like meh screw it ill finish it tomorow. i also got the other shoulder, and both biceps and both shins and now 2 gauntlets to finish fiberglassing tommorow so ill have, yet again, alot to do tommorow.

well i have a gallon of bondo that will just sit here so if you wanna use it lemme know and i have some excess sandpaper as well as a tube of glaze i can lend you so if you want em come on by! PM me if you want an address

btw all of it is free because i wont be able to use it until like december so yeah

well for now.. ill pass but im sure in the near future ill prolly grab it from you thanks alot for the offer my budget got a heuge cut lol

Hey Red, nice progress so far...and as Crack said above, you will need to sand a bit more...but if you need to...go with 60 grit...cuts a whole lot faster...add that to a Mouse and you should be done in no time!!!

thanks man, i havnt really done anything today cause they said it was suppose to rain, just ben doin pep work. for sanding i was using 80 instead of 60 for starting and then for fine tuning with spot putting i was using i think either 180 or 280... is there much of a differance?

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

bru ha-ha

how do you change the title-i need to change it to 56krs beware etc. gettin pretty pic heavy...

so what you guys think? not done yet, need to do some battle scaring, and im going to see if i can get something like some rubber strips and out line it around the neck and arm areas and lower back areas so its a lil soft on the rubbing, then onto the clear coat ^^,

ty man ^^ im actually pretty surprised, even with how long, and how much work ive put into it so far this quickly, its turning out so nice

well if you want some help on the weathering i can help! gonna be here all weekend

crackhead09 said:
well if you want some help on the weathering i can help! gonna be here all weekend
i was at the beach this weekend >< i actually expected to be home that same day but stayed overnight, wut are you doin thursday ish?

geoviper- tyty ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
102_4314.jpg

102_4315.jpg

102_4317.jpg

102_4307.jpg

102_4308.jpg

102_4310.jpg

hazaaah! moar! i have gauntlets to...but im going to later.... im tired after so much work...
i burnt myself pretty bad with hot glue, still dont know how to edit the topic name and still apologies for
so many double posts =.= i just work so much on the armour and have so many updates. next on to do list is
battle damage!

no. there not Superman Colors, there the colors of my family crest :p and theres very little red in it

ty ^^ i lightly misted it with black then took just potting soil and rubbed it into it, turnd some mistakes into...non mistakes lol im proly just going to say funk it and get a kbar and mod it slightly and put that on instead of the knife in pep
and make a pep knife for cons or just do what i was suggested and zip tie it in

mods CAN delete my weapons thread if they can find it ill just use 1 single thread *for bandwidth etc*

every CQB and spartan alike needs a turret :)
turret2-1.jpg

Picture004-2.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture002-3.jpg

Picture001-2.jpg

th_Picture007-1.jpg

yes it is this big i checked numerious times the sizes of things before building and during building it is SLIGHTLY bigger than the sniper rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back