CQB Helmet Overview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rheiner

Hey guys! I've been lurking around here for quite a while and haven't posted much, my dear apologies. Anyways, I built my first suit of Halo armor (Halo 3 Mark VI) last year, starting around May and ended on Halloween day (My first Halo-ween, YAY! :D ) I have been modifying that suit since then, such as adding Bondo to it due to the absence of it in my original build.

Well, I decided to build a new helmet, a CQB helmet because I liked the look of it. I lack pictures because I really don't have a camera handy at all times. I did actually redo this helmet, being that it's way too small (I have more pictures of that one, so I'll probably start a thread of that once I get pictures up.)

8183773339_306be36867.jpg

This is the helmet in it's initial Pepakura stage, I usually aren't too proud of my models being that I only use tape. I wish I had a trigger fed hot glue gun to build with, but I make do with what I've got.

8183776615_95650a98c4.jpg

After resin, rondo (this was actually my first try at that method, I love it!) and Bondo, I put a silver coat on it. After the silver coat, I applied toothpaste and sand, and added my other coats of paint. I then wiped off the toothpaste/sand mixture.

8183812466_2a0305f949.jpg

(Please excuse the reflections.) This is the final product, with my modified chestpiece. The visor isn't necessarily secured in there as of then, being that the only one who could put it on was my 3-year-old brother (I think I made it a little too small :p ). All in all, I think it turned out pretty good for a first attempt at this helmet.

Please let me know what you think! Any criticism, suggestions, or comments is welcome!

Also, let me know if you can see the pictures. It's my first time posting pictures, so I'm a little nervous about that...

I tried Internet Explorer, still nothing. I used Flickr, do you know if anyone has had any troubles with it before?

Hi there. So I used the reply with quote tab so I could see what your problem was. The link you are using does not have a .jpg attached to it. It looks like you used the wrong image code. I hope you don't mind. But I looked at the link you tried to post. Nice work on the helm. Looking forward to seeing more. Let me know if you need a hand posting pics. I can help you out a bit if you would like.

Hi there. So I used the reply with quote tab so I could see what your problem was. The link you are using does not have a .jpg attached to it. It looks like you used the wrong image code. I hope you don't mind. But I looked at the link you tried to post. Nice work on the helm. Looking forward to seeing more. Let me know if you need a hand posting pics. I can help you out a bit if you would like.

Thanks man! I tried BBCode and it seems to be working now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back