And stolen from my Avatar humm?.

Awesome WIP :)

I really dig your drawings, I wouldn't have the patience ^^

I dint remember it was your avatar xDDD

Last edited by a moderator:
LastSpartan said:
Awesome WIP :)

I really dig your drawings, I wouldn't have the patience ^^

Yeah, even with CAD it require a fair amount of patience, especially with engineering based software like Pro/DESKTOP, cos you simply can't just draw it, you have to make sure your maths are correct.

FROCKLIFFE said:
This looks freaking awesome man!

Thanks!

It's Thursday, so it's computer applications at college today instead of workshop, but I finish early anyway so I'll have ago at finishing off the gear wheel afterwards. If so I can get started on the launcher housing tomorrow, depending on whether I can get Pro/D to change the Ortho drawing standards... (¬_¬)

Up waiting for the Halo Reach premier, but Spike doesn't seem to be streaming, might be because I'm in the UK, so decided to update the project blog briefly.

Quad187 said:
Very Interesting, Keep up the Work!

Lol, bad timing, I break up in a week for Christmas!

impwarior said:
this is amazing.I just wish i would be able to do this.

Never know what you can achieve until you try it!

kensai111 said:
Congrats on the front page nomination! http://405th.com/?p=3103 Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Kensai

Thanks, I was almost literly blown away when I found out. Likely I wasn't drinking my usual coffee, or I would have taken the computer with me :D

Got most of the main bits and bobs done on the rocket module, just need to cover the inside of the barrel slots so the bluefoam doesnt melt when it's all moulded.

gallery_12243_1566_440270.jpg

Extended and ready to fire...

gallery_12243_1566_3489.jpg

...and collapsed, as par Pete's specifications.

Wow, looking at all the tweets about Reach so far, people are gonna start exploding if they don'tshow the trailer soon!

thats beautiful!

u should make it fire the toy rockets that shoot up in the air realy high. u know the ones that have gun powder

This thing is looking freaking amazing! Keep up the good work! I cannot wait to see this thing done! Are you thinking that you are going to be making casts of this thing when your done?

SPARTAN1803 said:
Very nice! how much? ;) nice work. I can't wait to see the finished product.

FRIE117 said:
thats beautiful!

u should make it fire the toy rockets that shoot up in the air realy high. u know the ones that have gun powder

papasmurf said:
keep up the good work !! cant wait to see it all done up!!!

Altair651 said:
This thing is looking freaking amazing! Keep up the good work! I cannot wait to see this thing done! Are you thinking that you are going to be making casts of this thing when your done?

Bigwillie5 said:
dam thats pretty nice, i wish i had enough skills to do that. keep up the good work

Thanks for all your encourages, questions and funny quips guys. Thought I'd address them all as one instead of answering each one individually.

Yes, there will be moulds made. I won't handling that stage though, as it will be sent off to one of Peter Cooper's other prop builders. As for 'How much?' you'll have to bring that up with Peter himself. I'll get the original or a cast back afterwards, but I wont be moulding it. I certainly don't want to think about how much this would have cost me if I wasn't using materials from college.

And as tempting as it is, I don't think I'll trying to launch fireworks or model rockets from it, considering how much Cardboard and BlueFoam is in it!

Now if I could just remember how to change the drawing standards on Pro/DESKTOP!

FRIE117 said:
lol I could see that being a problem.

three tumbs up! :unsure

wait, three... HOLY CRAP! MY HAND! :eek Sorry, couldnt help myself.

*sigh* more carbody filling this morning, getting arfully tired of it, but I'll print out some templates for the launcher housing at break and start on those later today, with photees when I get home hopfully.

Quick update.

gallery_12243_1566_8222.jpg

Started on the launcher and housing, though still carbody filling the inside of the rocket module pieces, but less and less of that to do. These pieces are supposed to be 40mm thick, but thanks to a miscalculation of dimensions (I blame it on the calliper!) it's 39mm. when I'm finished, I'll attach a sheet of Styrene on the outside edges to fix it.

However, thanks to the carelessness of another student, wasn't able to progress much. The abrasive surface on the Bobbin sander is smeared in melted plastic from whatever idjit who applied too much pressure on their material! Also, I'm stuck at home (it's my day off, but I want to go in to get as much done before Christmas) waiting for the cable guys to come over.

But on the up, will pop into town later and look to pick up a copy of the Halo Encyclopaedia (for reference, of course ;) ) and a new Live subscription.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back