Props Crackerjack's Rocket Launcher Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update time.

Finally starting to come together, and looking more and more like the SPNKr with every day.

the two peices of the launcher body on a dry run. I'm still ensure whether to assemble them, or leave them separate to make it easier for Ed (Master Cheeze) to mould.

gallery_12243_1566_487696.jpg

The panel detailing on the launcher housing. I used 1mm Styrene sheet.

gallery_12243_1566_86743.jpg

Need to pick up some flexi-MDF and primer, will do that tomorrow morning, before going in to finish the grips and detailing.

Worked on the end bit, thing, whagamacallit that the rocket module,... well you'll know when I put the photos up.

gallery_12243_1566_343945.jpg

SMILE!

gallery_12243_1566_334934.jpg

Still needs some work to make sure this pieces is all straight and according to dimensions. May have been able to get it done had it not been for the fact the other groups finished earlier than mine, so the workshop close early.

Is it just me, or have the forums been quiet of late?

Harufox said:
lookin awesome so far .. can't wait to see the final product :)

Shouldn't be too long. I have to hand it in tomorrow for grading, so I'll be spending all morning finishing as much as I can. However there's still plenty of detail and features that need doing, so after my tutors have graded what I've done, I'll have another week of straight workshop time to get that done. Unfortunately, that'll be after the 2 weeks my tutors need to give over to grading, so I won't have access to the model or workshop during that time.

Until then, I've completed (apart form some care body filling) the part that I still have no name for. I've started on the grips, they just need to be detailed and attached.

gallery_12243_1566_246418.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter Cooper said:
Justifiably moved. I foresee a move to the Elite section in the future for this one... :D

Heh! now now, don't jinx it Pete! But yeah pretty ossum!

Sorry I haven't upload this yet, as it's the first real example of all the parts together. I was going to during the weekend, but after week of sleepless nights doing my other bits of coursework, I've trying to catch up some rest, plus I'm hooked on Soul Eater right now.

gallery_12243_1566_84420.jpg

Ignore the post its, I wanted to make it sure the examiners acknowledged I knew it wasn't finished.

Officially the project is now on hiatus for 2 weeks until the workshop is open again, and I can do all the detailing that needs doing.

You are doing an awesome job. I can see it getting moved to another section on the forum. Didn't want to jinx you by saying it.

Um...... WOW! I-AM-SPEECHLESS! I just have a question though, what did you mean by people grading it? What is this for?!

LeeKegan said:
You are doing an awesome job. I can see it getting moved to another section on the forum. Didn't want to jinx you by saying it.

Thanks Lee, I'm just itching to get back to work on it, before I even consider whether it's good enough to be elite.

Altair651 said:
Um...... WOW! I-AM-SPEECHLESS! I just have a question though, what did you mean by people grading it? What is this for?!

As well as building this for Op Chastity, I'm also submitting it as coursework for my college course, 3D Design foundation degree.

Well thanks for all the messages of support and awe (lol, jks). At the moment, the project is on hiatus for awhile, but I will be working on it 24/7 solidly when I go back to get detailing finished. I may update with some bits for my next project if people are interested, but for now, PEACE OUT YA'LL!

looks so damn good. The people from Op.C. should be really proud to get such an amazing Rocket Launcher.

I hope that you will get a good mark also :D

Aaaaaand we're back!

Private study period is over, and am back to college for a week to finish detailing on the SPNKr. Unfortuantly I had a tutorial in the afternoon, which totally broke the momentum I built up working on the grip and building a stand in the morning.

Gixxer said:
wow .. excellent build.. is it heavy ?

Thanks. I'm not sure how heavy it is exactly, since I havent been able to assembly it yet, and wont be able to fully for awhile. Though I suppose I can weigh each part individually and total it all up.

Kamaro said:
looks so damn good. The people from Op.C. should be really proud to get such an amazing Rocket Launcher.

I hope that you will get a good mark also :D

I got Distinction for the build, but my portfolio work was lacking slightly, so the overall module was graded a Merit.

gallery_12243_1566_455096.jpg

Since I rigged up a stand this morning, I though I'd take a photo of the SPNKr the right way up, rather than upside down and covered in post-it note like the last one.

gallery_12243_1566_208399.jpg

Again, sorry for the blurry pics. continued work on the grip, I chiselled and sanded out some space on the MDF grip for some Chemiwood panels work the detail into.

I did add some of the Chemiwood to the frame, but so far it's pretty fugly lookin' so I thought I'd leave it out. I'll be back in tomorrow, and get more work done than today.

The King Cobra said:
looking great! can't wait to see it all finished!

Hopefully it wont be too long. I just have another couple of days of detailing, and a another week or so before I can start painting.

gallery_12243_1566_302558.jpg

gallery_12243_1566_60475.jpg

Surface detailing on the rocket module pieces. Marketed it out with pencil, scratched a guide line with a gouge, then widened and cleaned up the edges with a hobby file. Still need to complete filing out the guide lines on the top one. I would have been able to do that, had I not forgotten my college ID card just after I got off the bus, which took me a good 40 mins to go home and pick it up.

gallery_12243_1566_412986.jpg

Particularly proud of the grip detailing here, though it was nut to do. Cutting out the thumb recess was a particular nightmare, especially with the different material density between the carbody filler and Chemiwood. Just needs some cleaning up, and I have to cut the bottom off due to a mistake in the dimensions.

I'll finish off the Rocket module detailing tomorrow, and start on the forward grip, but I also have to do some portfolio work as I have an interview for university on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back