crackhead09's Body Filler & Spot Putty Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
TwitchFMX8811 said:
Like Jedi said I think you are using way too much hardener for that. Use about 1/4 to 1/2 of that. But great tutorial. Its going to help alot of people who have never used the stuff.

to be honest i just eyeball it and thanks for the comment

Last edited by a moderator:
very cool! but i have a question about when you fiberglassed the inside of your helmet:

do you also fiberglass the visor area or leave that part alone? and if you do fiberglass that visor area, what would/could you use to "cut" it out to insert a real visor? i just got finished building flying squirl's smoothed helmet (took awhile) and don't wanna mess it up :p

DarkZero375 said:
very cool! but i have a question about when you fiberglassed the inside of your helmet:

do you also fiberglass the visor area or leave that part alone? and if you do fiberglass that visor area, what would/could you use to "cut" it out to insert a real visor? i just got finished building flying squirl's smoothed helmet (took awhile) and don't wanna mess it up :p

there is no reason to fiberglass the visor just resin it and use a dremol to cut iy out

I dont know about detailing it, gonna be the harder part for me, since this didnt go over it much. But the DF4L helmet was already smoothed and fairly detailed already, so i guess it dosent matter.

nice tut guys, but you will have to add glaze to the painting tut, as some will want to use that, since it turns out better.

Necroed, but in respose to the previous post I believe that the Mud tutorial covers the glaze topic.

Great TUT, im in the process of bondoning rite now, thing is the outside of my helmet is alot more rough then yours, so im bondoing the whole thing, then im gunna sand, then I might bondo again.... we will see

Ixius said:
Necroed, but in respose to the previous post I believe that the Mud tutorial covers the glaze topic.
Necroed? its stickied. its not gonna be necroed.

And, i couldnt find anything on glaze in the mud topic, so i think i make a fairly good point.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crackhead09 @ Apr 28 2008, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>well here it is as promised sorry if it isnt good because i wasnt too sure what to put in it.

"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I hope this helps out anyone new</div>

Sweet tut. I will give the 500 grit a try. I usually don't go much higher than 150 due to the fact I use that textured paint that covers any scratches left over. Using the card to smooth out the bondo was a great idea. I've been using a spatula up until now. Keep up the good work.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crackhead09 @ Apr 28 2008, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>well here it is as promised sorry if it isnt good because i wasnt too sure what to put in it.

"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I hope this helps out anyone new</div>

nice video. It helps out alot knowing how to bondo.

great tut i followed this entire thing exactly how u did but one thing strange happened

even though i applied pressure and it almost looking like it wasn't there in certain spots. like how it looked in your tut. but i could still see the polygons after an entire 5 coats of body filler.

anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this problem? i use danny4foodless's hd model and now making the new hd fs model. so that will be easier to smooth

but can anyone help me with this?

Just a side note if you do make another helmet if you use the bondo gold it dose alot better. You don't get the pin holes you do with the plane bondo. Cost a few dollars more but it saves you a lot of time. But great video it help me explain the process to my friends.

Just a quick question - since I am new at this.

You are using the bondo to eliminate the polyhedron-ness of your helmet right? I only ask this because your helmet looked so nice prior to bondo that I really thought it was perfect. But I suppose it's just my noob eyes.

eeek vid is taken down by youtube is there another place where i can find since i'm in the bondo stage atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back