Crazy idea but it might work with some help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i just created this ODST gauntlet at three in the morning and i got some crazy ideas for some features that i want to add to it. I see a lot of accessories for helmets and paint jobs for armor but you never really see much for the fore arm or gauntlet. so i was just wondering if anyone can help me with an idea. i want to try and add some small screen to the square area of this guantlet that stick up from the top of it to tell the time or something like that, and i'm gonna add a compass to it too.

the red square is where i would like to install the screen. its not a very large area. the blue circle is where i will be putting the compass. does anyone know of any small digital clocks or anything that could possibly fit into it? oh, i'm also going to add a special add on to the gauntlet that won't be shown until i have completed it. Thanks

Sorry for not using the edit button, its not working for some reason. Anyways, to see the pic, right click the box, and select open image in new tab. sorry about that.

I remember someone on here is making a Reach armor with a Carter attachment. The screen is cutout and he's using an iPod touch as the screen.

Im actually doing the same thing but with my Droid instead

Ive actually been thinking the same thing, adding a display/screen to the forearm on my ODST suit. Wont be a problem since I work with AVR:s daily :)

i didn't think of the ipod... thats a good idea but idk about putting something so expensive into it. maybe. i'll have to see what fits still

not to be smart aleck-y, but small digital clock= digital watch without straps
if the screen is for display, you could just put some xmas lights of your color choosing underneath a piece of frosted plastic and wire everything to a non-occupied area of the forearm, say the elbow horn-thing

not to be smart aleck-y, but small digital clock= digital watch without straps
if the screen is for display, you could just put some xmas lights of your color choosing underneath a piece of frosted plastic and wire everything to a non-occupied area of the forearm, say the elbow horn-thing

don't worry about being "smart aleck-y" its fine. that's what i was planning on doing, but i'm just lookin around for some ideas before i go with something. just doing a little window shoppin :) thanks for the input tho.

If you happen to have a bit of money to screw around with maybe you could butcher one of these?
http://gadgetynews.com/samsung-s9110...ing-to-europe/

Sounds like a good idea tho

That would be awesome! to bad i don't have 500 + dollars to spent on something like that.

also a good thing about the butchered digital watch, you can press the "glow" button if u intend on using it in low light

i really just wish electronics weren't so expensive. it would make it much easier for builders who don't have a lot of money (me)

aye, seconded, i just try to do the best with what i have lying around the house, if worst comes to worst, then i make a decision to either buy it or leave it out

On my ODST armor I've taken those raised vent things that you have your red box around and made them rails that I cut to fit. That will let me put tac lights, lasers, maybe even a small scope if I can get the angle right. But a touch pad would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back