Soft Parts Creating the PERFECT undersuit: A discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks more like a multi layered construction is neccesary. Some molded pieces combined with some soft construction.

This is actually a good possible answer to the undersuit.

If you look at the page on the link below, this guy has sculpted a muscle suit and casts it in sections. The sections are glued to a bodysuit in position to fit the person who is going to wear it. The armor parts are cast from latex and have some flex to them. I'm changing my idea on how to do the bodysuit after seeing this. I think this is the way to go...

SuperHero Supermarket

BishopX said:

If you look at the page on the link below, this guy has sculpted a muscle suit and casts it in sections. The sections are glued to a bodysuit in position to fit the person who is going to wear it. The armor parts are cast from latex and have some flex to them. I'm changing my idea on how to do the bodysuit after seeing this. I think this is the way to go...

SuperHero Supermarket

wow, thats cool... didnt they do the sme thing with that HAZE suit?

Last edited by a moderator:
BishopX said:

SuperHero Supermarket
Ooh, this may come in handy.

Thanks.

I'm working on all high-def pieces, and I was just going to use UnderArmour for my undersuit. Now I'm inspired to greatness. Now I have more work to do.

I must say that that undersuit template that was posted will be extremely useful.

And the neckseal is beautiful. Great job on that.

is it just me, or does the texture/material for the neck seal look surprisingly similar to the underside of a mousepad?

Zaknal said:
is it just me, or does the texture/material for the neck seal look surprisingly similar to the underside of a mousepad?

One could take a thick piece of that kind of material and sew in the vertical lines. Maybe add a velcro strap to the back so one can put it on or take it off easily.

tsuyosa said:
IMG_2402.jpg

dude! thats awsem! how did you make the hemet and is it posible for any one to do?

I just found the BEST gloves I've ever seen to use for a great MC costume on Amazon - they were in the airsoft section by the brand Hatch -

[attachment=3665:gloves.jpg]

search amazon for "Hatch Defender II with Steel Shot" they have sizes S,M, L, and XL from what i could see- and they have 8 oz. of steel in them \m/ (>.<) \m/

i think its totally worth the 30-ish bucks if you're aiming for the most authentic looking costume.

Tsuyosa, that is one damn fine-looking neck seal you've got there. Definately has the genuine look to it. I like :D

And RM, nice find with those gloves. I think that is the closest style I've seen yet... ;)

tsuyosa said:
Alright, here is my final design.
Hope yall like it.
Chiefundersuit1-1.jpg

The pure black that you see on the undersuit is where i plan on using the lycra.

I know someone who could get that made for you. You would only have to send me your measurements... I know, creepy, but hey, they call me "Friendly" for... no reason at all actually. What do you say, are you interested? Is anyone interested?

This should help in this discussion.

BishopX said:
I don't know if these will help. The textures are not present so there are some details that are left out. We are thinking of possibly vacuum forming foam covered with black stretchable nylon. This would only be for certain portions of the undersuit where the shapes require forming such as the abs and lower back. The inner and outer elbows can be sewn as well as behind the knees and the neck.

MC%20Undersuit%2001.jpg

MC%20Undersuit%2002.jpg

MC%20Undersuit%2003.jpg

MC%20Undersuit%2004.jpg

Well that looks like I have a winner. We will do that first one out of double Stretch Cotton and quilt it the details like we did with the Tack Vest.

Big help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back