Soft Parts Creating the PERFECT undersuit: A discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
PillowFire said:
The armor that Chris made, wouldn't that be the MARK V armor? since it was made before halo 2?

if you look at it it's definately Mk VI i'm assuming he based it off of pre release screens and artwork.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about making my undersuit from a softer leather, or even a pleather because I can't afford black leather. I'm not talking about the patent leather, or even suede, but I think I'm going to take a sewing class in the Spring semester for costuming, and see if I can just use that as my project as an independent study. As for the straps, I was thinking black clips, like the ones that you use to put bike helmet straps together. I can run them under the leather, and even create a special place to run the wiring. What with leather and foam, this ought to look pretty good, and one or two layers of thinner foam should make it have a nice dimensional look.

For all of you who want wetsuit material at a cheap price, this guy does white/black double sided material from 1mm thick and up. You can find him here. Just for the record, he sells these in sheets. He will sell out of auction too, so you don't have to wait for him to list it.

EDIT: I'll post a picture of my design once I get my camera working again.

what is the difference from chief under suit and the staff on board ships in halo? because i just thought of that they do look a heck of a lot alike...

Gopher11789 said:
what is the difference from chief under suit and the staff on board ships in halo? because i just thought of that they do look a heck of a lot alike...

As I recall, they look nothing alike. Technicians and standard Navy personnel look more like crewmen from Star Trek, with colour coded blue, orange and red outfits and the like.

erictank said:
Hey, CPU's here!

I followed his progress with GREAT interest over on ASAP - he's the reason I decided I wanted a Mjolnir suit in the first place.

Same here <3

-Vex

what ecose and i plan on doing and what alot of people probably did was just slap on some black underarmor and theres your undersuit. lol but ya yours is truly uniqe and i like how u pay attention to detail. nice work :cool:

K3iran said:
As I recall, they look nothing alike. Technicians and standard Navy personnel look more like crewmen from Star Trek, with colour coded blue, orange and red outfits and the like.

He meant in terms of details and shape. The color means about as much as the wheel. It doesn't matter as long as it rolls..........What I just said was stupid.

xalener said:
He meant in terms of details and shape. The color means about as much as the wheel. It doesn't matter as long as it rolls..........What I just said was stupid.

Don't worry, I got what you meant.

And I know, but i was referring to the star trek outfits as more of a reference in that fact that they're, y'know, outfits. Crewmen seemed to be just wearing clothes, as far as I could tell.

I don't know if these will help. The textures are not present so there are some details that are left out. We are thinking of possibly vacuum forming foam covered with black stretchable nylon. This would only be for certain portions of the undersuit where the shapes require forming such as the abs and lower back. The inner and outer elbows can be sewn as well as behind the knees and the neck.

MC%20Undersuit%2001.jpg

MC%20Undersuit%2002.jpg

MC%20Undersuit%2003.jpg

MC%20Undersuit%2004.jpg

BishopX said:
No reponses....am I a buzzkill?

I don't know how I missed those... thanks for posting those renders, they look awesome and should be very helpful when I start work on my undersuit :)
Also really interested to see how you do the undersuit.

It's alright, mods took care of it. But if you see something out of place, rude language, or other stuff the forum doesn't tolerate, use the report button on the the post and it will send a message to the mods to take a look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back