Crysis Nanosuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of doing this aswell, basically mold the whole suit, probably in seperate pieces, cast the hard parts in plastic and the sort of muscle flexible looking parts, silicone and insert padding to keep the shape.

ive actually been trying to find a rubbery or vinyl fabric with that honeyweave texture(among others) and just try to sew the muscle pieces first, like in muscle groups, and sew those to a body suit, and eventually cast the metal pieces as plastic, i just need to find the time.

Ok, if you maneage to make it... can you please make a pep of it then? That would be awsome!

ps. sorry for my really bad english!

it looks a bit complicated for pepakura......maybe because its more flexible than paper. but seriously....

GOOD LUCK!

tbail1989 said:
any progress on the suit

none at all, haven't had any time because of the holiday season, full time sales job, part time school, reservist on some weekends, and sick to boot. Wont have any money in a couple days, my car wont start, i'm paying to fix my little sisters car, and i'm moving into a new apartment in late December early January.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn freeeman sounds like you have a full plate. But I do think parts of the suit could be Pepakura built. Im not sure what they are called. But the small metal looking things with lights in them would be ideal for a pep Build. Also some of the head pieces like over the ears and such, pep, fiberglass and bondo. The rest of the suit fabric.

Good luck looks like it'll be fun to do,

I agree with the guy who said sewing for the mesh like places, i would also sculpt the parts and cast them in plastic for the parts you can.

-Justin

good luck... y dont u try like getting round plates and stretching cloth over it?then u can attach it all together..

Aside from about half the helmet, the knees, cod piece, and maybe the center of the chest, there isn't really anything solid that pep could be used for. It's mainly a thick spandex with sewn-in muscle bulge.

I don't how it could be incorporated, but this looks cool.

Actually, for me, the nano suit from crysis would be much easier to make than the fiberglass mjolnir that I made.
In the 80s, we ran the biggest upholstery shop in Brazil. I pretty much grew up doing it.

I seriously considered making one, but I just don't have the body for it. I'm all brains, nothing else :D

If I've learned any thing from the 405th so far it is that if you are determined anything can be done and with the help from some great members you will succeed. So go for it you won't know if you can until you try.

Maybe carving small pieces of foam to fit each solid part, then using a thick rope, and cover it in the fabric that is best suited to the job would work for each individual band. Then, somehow attaching it onto underarmour or something along the lines of a thicker full body suit would work.

Just throwing out ideas here.

The Nanosuit? Good luck with that. Something that elaborate would require as much planning time as it would construction time. Not to discourage you, it's a major goal to shoot for, but I can't see it coming easily.

I mean, look at this thing -

US-Nanosuit-01-Wide.jpg

No way you can do that without spending plenty of time in the sewing room stitching synthetic mesh cords into strectch material.

Good points; the Crysis suit definitely looks more flexible than rigid, and the best way to achieve that is with some sort of fabrics.

That said, talk2myshirt looks like an awesome resource for anyone attempting a Crysis or Crysis-like suit!

BTW, I found that site from the Conductive Fabrics project on Instructables! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back