Custom Armor Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I make no claim to be an artist, but I have worn a cloak before. Anything with angles will look like you're pitching a tent, so I opted to round everything (more like a beetle). A lot of historical armor was inspired by insects, probably because the great exoskeletons they have. I did this the old fashion way - pen and paper....it's a concept at best.

The Helmet: (I wanted to curve the back of the helmet back towards the top of the head. You didn't specify what the back looked like...but I erased my creativity and kept it more towards your specs.)
[attachment=7245:SketchHelmet.jpg]

The Shoulders: (Keeping with the rounded theme - I thought it would be best to connect parts (sort of like an undercarriage) and keep the shoulders in several pieces. Also, I removed the single band and opted to have two smaller band that go between the underarm and chest to wrap around the arm.)
[attachment=7246:SketchShoulders.jpg]

The Chest Plate: (Those are supposed to be curved vents on the midsection of the chestplate....again, I'm not an artist.)
[attachment=7247:SketchChestPlate.jpg]

The Back Plate: (Those cylinder shaped thingies are the jets. I had them higher, but it looked Flash Gordon terrible....they're not so bad lower).
[attachment=7248:SketchBackPlateJet.jpg]

Twisted_Neather, I think this is a really cool idea. Had fun thinking about this. Good luck everyone.

Remember guys that this contest is open until the 15th of December, and you can have unlimited entries. Take your time and refine your ideas. Also all offical entries need to be emailed to me @ sturkie-sama@hotmail.com

I'll be e-mailing mine later as well as my design for the shoulder. Also, how did you guys like my chest design? Comments or questions?

- Adulese

Here is what i came up with. I tries to streamline the armor while still sticking to the mkvi format and the guidelines you had posted. I'm not a professional, so these aren't the greatest drawings ever. Hope you like it!

Back:
Mauraderarmorback.jpg

Chest:
Mauraderarmorchest.jpg

Helmet:
Mauraderarmorhelmet.jpg

Shoulder:
Mauraderarmorshoulder.jpg

I really had fun making these! If you want some more drawings pm me

EDIT:
The shoulder is not shaped weird, it is sloped to fit the contour of the shoulder

hi. this isnt a "sketch" *air quotes* but ive got halo 3 screenies with new armor ive created (THIS IS JUST A GLITCH NO NEW ARMOR) well... unless you and your friend could fight in the same spot.....
i'll try to get them up here...

[attachment=7279:nhh1.jpg]
[attachment=7280:nhh2.jpg]
[attachment=7281:nhh3.jpg]
[attachment=7282:nhh4.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
it is of my opinion that the helmet should not have a bill (or whatever it is called). it looks goofy, and if you have a cloak it will probably have a hood, and it wont be able to droop properly with the bill keeping it up.

tho Asrai isnt the best artist i think her idea for the helmet has been the best so far.

my 2 cents.

I don't think that the bill looks that goofy on my model. I agree that asrai's is a good look though. I was sticking pretty close to the mkvi form.

I got thinking about the cloaked armor idea and the first 2 things that came to mind were the style of the series Desert Punk and the man-sized Arm Slaves from FMP:TSR

Desert Punk actually has a good few scenes on how a jet pack would work with a cloak...found em. Look at 4:47 in this youtube vid and watch for a bit.

And to get an idea of the scale of 7ft cloaked armored guys hanging around...pretty sure there are a couple of scenes in this vid from FMP:TSR.

So I did a quick little couple of sketches inbetween grading papers today. I used a map table for a quick part trace of the unarmored for the cloaked version. I used a Mcfarlane fig for perspective. I tried to make the armor Mk VIish but still pretty different and included a couple extra stabalizing thrusters (Yes I got lazy on the hands and feet and I didn't do a backpack view). All the people who posted before me inspired me so I can't really take credit for it.

So armor only.

ScannedDoc0001.jpg

And same with cloak.

ScannedDoc0002.jpg

Surely the heat from the Jetpack would just burn the cloak?

Or is this going to be a "Super awesome epic enchanted fireproof cloak... That summons dragons... and is bulletbroof... and work as a Parachute"...

The Stig said:
Surely the heat from the Jetpack would just burn the cloak?

Or is this going to be a "Super awesome epic enchanted fireproof cloak... That summons dragons... and is bulletbroof... and work as a Parachute"...

The material used in modern forge suits would probably work. I think that flameproof cloth is the least of the technological boundaries. Energy shields, invisibility, faster-than-light travel, and power armor are fine but lord knows that fireproof cloak is just too advanced a thing to make. :lol:

Besides look at the regular MK VI. "I can jump out of a spaceship at 1200 feet and not die when I hit the ground so I don't need a parachute." Mk VI armor resists bullets quite well. And do elites count as dragons because I'm pretty sure you can summon them with the radio in your suit. :lol:

Just messing with you Stig because Twisting Neather asked folks to make some concept art for him, not talk about the feasibility of the design. No hard feelings, it's just bad form to challenge somebody's designs when they are putting on a nice community contest like this.

Nice work, Sigma. But with those hoses going from his helmet to his chest, how is he supposed to turn his head?

They could stretch or have some extra slack or have a spring-loaded coil to feed the right amount of hose. But I think it's almost long enough to get the 90 degree head-turn as-is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back