Custom Built Dead Space RIG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy biscuits! That's a great Dead space helm! Just a word on the paintball stuff, the 405th doesn't condone/suggest that, there are a few vids floating around the site that shows what happens when fiberglass/bond armor meets paintball, and it ain't pretty...

Holy biscuits! That's a great Dead space helm! Just a word on the paintball stuff, the 405th doesn't condone/suggest that, there are a few vids floating around the site that shows what happens when fiberglass/bond armor meets paintball, and it ain't pretty...

I know! I saw a video showing what happens! OW.
I decided to make it without fiberglass because:
1. It's a mess
2. I'm a noob
3. Look! A bunny!! yum.

Thanks man, I like that someone else thought my design looked neat. Hahahaha :D

Trust me, a steel helmet will be WAY to heavy and hot for paint balling. Kevlar fabric can be hardened with epoxy resin with strength as good as carbon fiber. The fastest, easiest and most durable way to make a "Riot proof" helmet would be to use kevlar instead of fiberglass fabric. Nobody has yet tested kevlar against paintball so this could be interesting. Use 2 or 3 layers of kevlar cloth on the inside of your pep helmet. An alternate method would be to make a pep helm, mold it, and make a kevlar cast.

Good luck.

You did pretty well on the design and i love it!Being a DS Fanatic, this is the closest to original and badass helmet i found that had the pepakura file ^^ And im deciding to atempt making it after much research

You did pretty well on the design and i love it!Being a DS Fanatic, this is the closest to original and badass helmet i found that had the pepakura file ^^ And im deciding to atempt making it after much research

Hey, thanks for the comment! :D
I was wondering why I haven't seen any Dead Space 2 helms around, and I like making up my own stuff so I came up with this. Totally glad that it wasn't frowned upon here! lol

Note: Make sure to check the sizing right, I made mine like 3 cm too small. Not a big deal, but it'll still be wearable. haha

I'll be uploading the Chest plate, Shoulders and RIG back plates in about week

Hey, thanks for the comment! :D
I was wondering why I haven't seen any Dead Space 2 helms around, and I like making up my own stuff so I came up with this. Totally glad that it wasn't frowned upon here! lol

Note: Make sure to check the sizing right, I made mine like 3 cm too small. Not a big deal, but it'll still be wearable. haha

I'll be uploading the Chest plate, Shoulders and RIG back plates in about week

I agree! the dead space 2 helmet and rig just looks amazing, id ont know why anyone didnt pep it =S well i have..A smaller head since im a girl so i hope those 3 cms wont be a prob haha ooh cant wait for the rig

Might be a good idea to make this out of a plastic of some kind if you wanna paintball with it. Ballistic-grade nylon is what i'd suggest, but that's just because I have a tendency to over-build.

Might be a good idea to make this out of a plastic of some kind if you wanna paintball with it. Ballistic-grade nylon is what i'd suggest, but that's just because I have a tendency to over-build.

I'm actually contemplating that right now. If I just use 1/4 in. Kydex (Thermoforming Plastic), I think it'd be strong enough for the abuse I want it to withstand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back