Custom foam pep files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone had ever made pep files specifically for foam builds. For instance an uber simple reach cheast file that could easily be printed out and used to cut foam with. It would be nice to have the specific details of the armour possibly printed out on the pieces so that people could possibly add them later on. I just think it would be neat if there were such thing or if someone would be willing to create them?

cut to the chase: Do they exist? if so where? If not would somebody be willing to make them?

Thanks

Jake

cut to the chase: Do they exist? if so where? If not would somebody be willing to make them?

No they dont. There is no real reason for them to because you just have to slightly modify the files that are already out. Its not to hard, youll have it down after the first few times you do it.

If you want, start simple, for instance, i am gona start my foam build, but since its my first time, i am goning to start simple, the boot.

just cut the image out and trace it onto the foam and then cut it out using a hot knife or any other cutting object and then glue togeather add details as needed

I've been working with L3X's torso on the start of a foam build, and as others have stated, it's not hard to do. You have to modify the pieces as you go, to make them fit, fold, sit etc. correctly, but it's definitely a more cost effective, and flexible way to go about doing things. Just like with pepakura, it takes practice, practice, practice.

-Matt

ok thanks guys i guess i'll give it a go and start with a boot but it would be nice to have some files. And does anybody know where a real detailed tut would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back