Custom Halo 4 Armour Build+Lightrifle+Magnum [Commander Button Fox now a musical!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome!
Pat-[/B]

Great job, love the colour scheme. Maybe add pants for the real thing? :p

Thanks guys :)
Don't worry I plan to for the real thing.

I have begun production of my undersuit.
I am using a combination of eva form, yoga mats, and grip liner to create it.
After I glue everything into place, I will then sew each piece together/ into permanent place.
This is it so far.

UndersuitTemplateCut-outs1_zps6afc3227.jpg

UndersuitProgress3b_zpsec6e954c.jpg

Planning to work on the chest area tomorrow...

Attachments

• UndersuitTemplateCut-outs1_zps6afc3227.jpg
    UndersuitTemplateCut-outs1_zps6afc3227.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 170
  • UndersuitProgress3b_zpsec6e954c.jpg
    UndersuitProgress3b_zpsec6e954c.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 188
loving your armor keep it up.

in your full body picture - this may be wrong but I think you have put the shins on backwards. (long side should be front + follow the curve) i think

loving your armor keep it up.

in your full body picture - this may be wrong but I think you have put the shins on backwards. (long side should be front + follow the curve) i think

Thanks man :)
All good with the shins, double checked and they are definitely the correct way.
Btw your Mark VI build looks amazing.

Update time for my undersuit.
Managed to today work on the main parts of the chest and back pieces.
Using templates created from in-game reference pictures, this is it so far:
With the back due to the need to unzip the morphsuit to get it on, I made sure that the zip can still move freely without affecting
the overall design to much.

UndersuitTemplates5_zpsef411285.jpg

UndersuitProgress8_zps9e396385.jpg

UndersuitProgress8b_zpsf78136b5.jpg

UndersuitTemplates8_zps23890001.jpg

UndersuitProgress9_zps173a3c85.jpg

UndersuitProgress9b_zps47fb6380.jpg

Hoping to begin on the sides of the body / start on the legs next.
Once all is attached, I plan to sew each piece to make sure no pieces will move.

Attachments

• UndersuitTemplates5_zpsef411285.jpg
    UndersuitTemplates5_zpsef411285.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 174
  • UndersuitProgress8_zps9e396385.jpg
    UndersuitProgress8_zps9e396385.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 169
  • UndersuitProgress9b_zps47fb6380.jpg
    UndersuitProgress9b_zps47fb6380.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 161
  • UndersuitProgress9_zps173a3c85.jpg
    UndersuitProgress9_zps173a3c85.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 183
  • UndersuitTemplates8_zps23890001.jpg
    UndersuitTemplates8_zps23890001.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 168
  • UndersuitProgress8b_zpsf78136b5.jpg
    UndersuitProgress8b_zpsf78136b5.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 198
That looks really cool but how mobile will you be?

Thanks.
At the moment I can only guess to how well I will be able to move in it.
Saying this though, I believe that it won't effect me much / at all once everything is sewed into place.
My 2 reasons behind this is:
1. The materials aren't to thick / are flexible.
2. Each piece has a small amount of space between them to allow for easy movement. (At least I hope so)
Fingers are crossed.

Today I was able to complete the rest of the top half of undersuit, and here are some pics.

UndersuitProgress10_zps080ec004.jpg

UndersuitProgress10b_zpsbdd589ca.jpg

UndersuitProgress11_zps6afb3d81.jpg

UndersuitProgress11b_zps477116cb.jpg

More updates to come soon...

Attachments

• UndersuitProgress11_zps6afb3d81.jpg
    UndersuitProgress11_zps6afb3d81.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 161
  • UndersuitProgress10b_zpsbdd589ca.jpg
    UndersuitProgress10b_zpsbdd589ca.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 155
  • UndersuitProgress10_zps080ec004.jpg
    UndersuitProgress10_zps080ec004.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 153
  • UndersuitProgress11b_zps477116cb.jpg
    UndersuitProgress11b_zps477116cb.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 187
What are you using to secure the pieces of EVA foam to your undersuit? I really like this idea for certain pieces I want on my build but I'm scare hot glue or anything for that matter won't hold for more than a few hours after you add in movement and such.

Nice undersuite can't waite to see it finished.
Keept it up.

Will do :)
Your suits look pretty cool too man.

What are you using to secure the pieces of EVA foam to your undersuit? I really like this idea for certain pieces I want on my build but I'm scare hot glue or anything for that matter won't hold for more than a few hours after you add in movement and such.

At the moment the pieces are attached with hot glue, but as soon as I attach the final pieces I plan to sew each piece onto the undersuit and make sure that they stay on.
I believe if I don't pieces will fall off like you said.
Hopefully it will turn out ok.

Anyway a small update today due to running out of glue.
I am about 50% through completing the waist down.

UndersuitProgress12_zpsd3ae43a4.jpg

UndersuitProgress12b_zps522a5a0b.jpg

Should complete all the pieces tomorrow and begin the sewing stage.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Completed the creation stage of the undersuit and have begun to sew the pieces.
So far I can tell that it is going to take a while to sew them all.
Anyway will be working on it daily.
Here are some pictures of the final design before the sewing stage.

UndersuitProgress13_zps55af4738.jpg

UndersuitProgress13b_zps955779d6.jpg

UndersuitProgress14_zpsd54bdec8.jpg

UndersuitProgress14b_zps873db0ba.jpg

Attachments

• UndersuitProgress12_zpsd3ae43a4.jpg
    UndersuitProgress12_zpsd3ae43a4.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 165
  • UndersuitProgress12b_zps522a5a0b.jpg
    UndersuitProgress12b_zps522a5a0b.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 178
  • UndersuitProgress14b_zps873db0ba.jpg
    UndersuitProgress14b_zps873db0ba.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 251
  • UndersuitProgress13_zps55af4738.jpg
    UndersuitProgress13_zps55af4738.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 149
  • UndersuitProgress13b_zps955779d6.jpg
    UndersuitProgress13b_zps955779d6.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 158
  • UndersuitProgress14_zpsd54bdec8.jpg
    UndersuitProgress14_zpsd54bdec8.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 157
Definitely excited to see this completed. The colors should contrast and compliment your armor very nicely.

Just an idea... if you find that sewing thread either does not allow the pieces to move correctly, or threatens to cut the foam... maybe try jewelry thread. It is a clear plastic (like fishing line), but is elastic. It stretches really well, but has great memory, so it returns and does not get all distorted. Also, it is crazy strong. Only down side is that it is thicker than thread... but I managed using it on a couple of my pieces.

Yup, this is gonna be awesome! Kudos to you... especially on such a tight timeframe :)

I am deeply impressed by your under suit you're making/made. It is a very impressive idea, and I love how it looks. Keep up the great work, man! :D

Definitely excited to see this completed. The colors should contrast and compliment your armor very nicely.

Just an idea... if you find that sewing thread either does not allow the pieces to move correctly, or threatens to cut the foam... maybe try jewelry thread. It is a clear plastic (like fishing line), but is elastic. It stretches really well, but has great memory, so it returns and does not get all distorted. Also, it is crazy strong. Only down side is that it is thicker than thread... but I managed using it on a couple of my pieces.

Yup, this is gonna be awesome! Kudos to you... especially on such a tight timeframe :)

So far using sewing thread for the grip liner and yoga mats are working great, but I don't know if I will use it for the eva foam.
Will do a few tests when I get up to doing the foam, and depending on how well it works, will try jewellery thread.
Thanks for the tips.
45 days to go.

I am deeply impressed by your under suit you're making/made. It is a very impressive idea, and I love how it looks. Keep up the great work, man! :D

Thanks man :)
I won't be able to wear it until I have finished sewing, so I really hope that it will look fine with the armour when its done.

As for an update on the undersuit, I am still sewing.
I would say that I am only about 20% done so far, which means I have ALOT more work to go.
Should be worth it in the end...
I guess I quicker it is done the sooner I will have more pics up.

Hey all, it has been a while since my last update, but I feel as though the wait has been worth while.
After a hours and hours of sewing, I am happy to finally say that the undersuit is nearly complete.
All that is left to do is test fit and pray it is fine.
After that I will only need to attach velco to it to hold armour pieces in place.
Planning to test it tonight and get the last stages done tomorrow.
Expect to see some pics soon of me all suited up :)

UndersuitProgress15_zps9af7714d.jpg

On another note, my awesome pal Arcsaber987 has completed the electronics for the lightrifles and they have arrived.
Here is a pic of it all.

Going to try to upload a video of how it all works tomorrow also.

LightrifleElectronicProgress1_zps91c562a4.jpg

That's all for now, until tomorrow :p

Attachments

• LightrifleElectronicProgress1_zps91c562a4.jpg
    LightrifleElectronicProgress1_zps91c562a4.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 178
  • UndersuitProgress15_zps9af7714d.jpg
    UndersuitProgress15_zps9af7714d.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 171
The under suit looks very nice. More praise after we hear how it fits.

From personal experience, if that is just the electronics for one of the lightrifles, it looks a bit excessive.

From personal experience, if that is just the electronics for one of the lightrifles, it looks a bit excessive.

Trust me for what I am doing for the rifles it is the correct amount.
A little bit bummed at the moment, tried to test fit the undersuit and its too tight (due to my sewing).
Don't know what I am going to do now...
Most likely won't be able to use it :(.
Going to sleep on it.

A little bit bummed at the moment, tried to test fit the undersuit and its too tight (due to my sewing).
Going to sleep on it.

Wow, man, that's a major bummer :( Is any of it usable? Also, what's the material for under the details? Is that neoprene [diving suit]?

Going to sleep on it.

:( that stinks man! I recently discarded a botched MK.VI chest piece. I think everyone that makes costumes knows the feeling of making something wrong :'(

Wow, man, that's a major bummer :( Is any of it usable? Also, what's the material for under the details? Is that neoprene [diving suit]?

:( that stinks man! I recently discarded a botched MK.VI chest piece. I think everyone that makes costumes knows the feeling of making something wrong :'(

After a lot of thinking today I have finally decided what my plan of action will be for the undersuit.

After test fitting, besides that I couldn't put it on anymore due to my sewing making the suit smaller, I noticed a few other issues also.
The main one was that I had almost no flexibility at all.
The second most important was that due to the undersuit adding more mass, it was impossible to get my leg and arm pieces on without almost breaking them.

Ideally if I had of realised that the morphsuit would shrink a little when I start I would have bought the next size up.

But saying all of this I have a plan to fix all these issues, and still be able to use the current suit.
What I plan to do is to only wear the pieces of the undersuit that will be visible when wearing the armour, of which is the lower waist and hands.
I still have my other morphsuit so I plan to cut off the the pieces that are needed and attach them to the other suit.

Really hoping that it will work, because if it does it will fix all the issues.

Make a mistake, learn from it, build bigger and better :)

EDIT:
Making a video soon for the electronics

The actual system for the electronics is pretty small. It's just got a lot of daisychained LEDs to light the whole thing up, and when it's over a meter long and has moving parts all changing the dimensions it was easier to use a lot of wire and have no problems then to be minimalistic :). Also, they make it shiney, shiney things are always better (and I haven't used microcontrollers and all that before so there was a lot of learning going on, I'm sure there are 100s of improvements you could see but hey it works).

Oh, dude, one time, I had all my chest pieces cut and scored then started assembling and realized all the different folds were opposites! Like valley was mountain and mountain was valley. Need less to say, The chest looked pretty weird before I realized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back