Custom Sculpted 12" Action Figure Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks I'm kinda just starting off in the toy industry and I'm still learning about the better choices for materials. Just about all the stuff I've done has been in 1/6th scale and so I really can't offer advice on materials to use for 1/1 scale projects. I did sculpt a frank the bunny mask (donnie darko) in 1/1 scale and I made a mold of it and then a resin cast. If I was to do 1/1 armor that's probably the same route I would take but it would be expensive. If I did that I'd want to sell copies to make back some of the cost for materials.
Here's some crappy pics of that frank mask I mentioned
frank1.jpg

frank3.jpg

Thats gorgeous!

I wouldn't be able to tell that apart from the actual mask that they used in the movie!

Most of us here that have made our own armor are in that process of 'trying to make our money back" Armor making is an expensive hobby, but rewarding in other ways.

Great work, keep the pics coming!

callous said:
Thanks I'm kinda just starting off in the toy industry and I'm still learning about the better choices for materials. Just about all the stuff I've done has been in 1/6th scale and so I really can't offer advice on materials to use for 1/1 scale projects. I did sculpt a frank the bunny mask (donnie darko) in 1/1 scale and I made a mold of it and then a resin cast. If I was to do 1/1 armor that's probably the same route I would take but it would be expensive. If I did that I'd want to sell copies to make back some of the cost for materials.
Here's some crappy pics of that frank mask I mentioned
frank1.jpg

frank3.jpg

man thats kinda scary

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back