Daflea's Cqb Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well another quick update on the project..

Pretty much working on detail right now using styrene and bondo to build up areas. I noticed looking at some reference pictures that there was another raised area on the cheek areas. So of course I had to add it to my project.

Also I went ahead and included a closer shot of the top of the helmet area as well. Using a paper template I cut pieces of styrene to match the detail lightly gluing it to the paper and then transferring it to the helmet.

Also I have my web site is officially open but will be changing as I added stuff to. So technically its open but under construction so pardon the dust.

www.thepropworx.com

DSC01476sm.jpg

DSC01477sm.jpg

DSC01475sm.jpg

DSC01474sm.jpg

Well it has been a very busy at work for me the past couple of weeks, but I did manage to get another 5 hours into the build over the past two weekends. I'm still working to get both side symmetrical but it can be an endless task at times. So I went ahead and focused mainly on the ridge that rests against the edge of the visor. I finally found some decent reference to get this as close to the game model as possible. Also I am cleaning up some misc areas to remove the imperfections. Its funny all the sanding I have done making it nice and smooth, but once you shoot some primer on it your like man there is a lot of messed up areas..

Anyway here are the pics for everyone to look at.

Doug

DSC01563sm.jpg

DSC01564sm.jpg

DSC01565sm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back