Dan's Mark Vi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow this deadline is coming up fast!!! Here are some small updates.

I have to call these finished for now. I'm not entirely happy with them but I'm out of time :p

DSCF1295.jpg
DSCF1298.jpg
DSCF1300.jpg
DSCF1301.jpg

Helmet fans. 12V.

DSCF1293.jpg
DSCF1291.jpg
DSCF1289.jpg

And lastly, a test fit.

DSCF1288.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks! :D

i dont know why your not happy id be so proud of ymself id tell everything person were i live what i had done:p

but your armour is looking great, nnice chart too, i made wione when i was working on my armor. ncie marriage pic to btw:p

Thanks guys! :D

It's not so much that I'm not happy with them, as much as I just need more time to spot-putty all the holes and things. There's also some details like in the knees that I wanted to put in but I'm trying to set deadlines and stick to 'em. I now have 5 days!!! :pI'm pooped now, but I'll post some more pics sometime tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone!

Wow, that's some smooth armor you're producing. I like how you installed the fans and batteries in your helmet. Looks professional. Are you using the foamies method for all the extra details? I wouldn't worry about the pinholes, it matches the weathering. Unless you're going for the brand new spartan look.

top_shape said:
Wow, that's some smooth armor you're producing. I like how you installed the fans and batteries in your helmet. Looks professional. Are you using the foamies method for all the extra details? I wouldn't worry about the pinholes, it matches the weathering. Unless you're going for the brand new spartan look.

Yeah I was planning on filling in all the holes and irregulatities with silver sharpie to make them look like paint chips. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
SWEET GIBLY GIBLETS !! that is one SEXY sexy suit of armour you are building man haha. even the pep stage looked painfully well made lol. i'm looking forward to see what the finished version will look like

O.T.

Outlaw-Tiger said:
SWEET GIBLY GIBLETS !! that is one SEXY sexy suit of armour you are building man haha. even the pep stage looked painfully well made lol. i'm looking forward to see what the finished version will look like

O.T.

Why thank you! :D

Here's a small update. These should both be done today.

DSCF1305.jpg

Thighs DONE!!! ....and I'm soooooo tired. :p

The primer is fresh so it was doin' funny things to my camera, and it's black primer instead of my normal grey.

DSCF1309.jpg

DSCF1310.jpg

I'll post some better pic's of them tomorrow. :D

Holy schnikes! :eek

Your work on this is phenomenal so far, Dan. I noticed how you'd wired your power supply(ies) for the LED's and exhaust fans in your helmet. Just how I plan on doing it in mine.

Like Oreo mentioned, I'm loving the raised/recessed details you've been able to add to each piece. That's pretty much just how I hope my Mk VI armour will look once finished, chock-full of details. My hat's off to you :D

Thanks guys!

The original plan was to put all the extra detail in....

z798_0011.jpg

But deadlines are deadlines. I have to call it quits for now. :pI'll go back after Halo-ween and finish everything.

Even without those few extra details, it still looks great, imho. And like you said, after HALO'ween you can always go back and finish the detailing. In the meantime, it'll still be one helluva costume to show off ;)

As a matter of fact...

sealSpartanII.jpg

I believe the quality of the work you've put into your armour is worthy of this :D

SPARTAN II said:
As a matter of fact...

sealSpartanII.jpg

I believe the quality of the work you've put into your armour is worthy of this :D

Hahaha you used that!!???

Man I have to agree though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back